By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Wii U Thread!: Pokemon Rubmle U coming to Wii U

Tagged games:

What old franchise should Nintendo revive first on the Wii U?

Star Fox 220 47.31%

F-Zero 110 23.66%

Wave Race 29 6.24%

Top-Down Zelda 55 11.83%

Show me the results. 28 6.02%

Total:442

Nintendo and Activision are holding back on announcing BO2 because Nintendo will release a special BO2 Wii U with a pro controller! Oh yeah... one can dream! :D

Around the Network

As explained by Matt Prior, a producer for FIFA 13, there’s an ever-present “Friends” tab on the Wii U’s GamePad. You simply tap this to open a list of your friends, from which you can either invite someone to a game, or send them a message. As far as the messaging is concerned, it’s:

…much better than the 360 Live virtual keyboard where you’re moving it up and down. …we really want to connect friends and allow people to game with friends as easily as possible.

http://wiiublog.com/matt-prior-talks-about-the-friends-list-in-fifa-13-on-the-wii-u/

IamAwsome said:

As explained by Matt Prior, a producer for FIFA 13, there’s an ever-present “Friends” tab on the Wii U’s GamePad. You simply tap this to open a list of your friends, from which you can either invite someone to a game, or send them a message. As far as the messaging is concerned, it’s:

…much better than the 360 Live virtual keyboard where you’re moving it up and down. …we really want to connect friends and allow people to game with friends as easily as possible.

http://wiiublog.com/matt-prior-talks-about-the-friends-list-in-fifa-13-on-the-wii-u/

As interesting as a persistent Friends list on the Pad would be, I get the impression it's only for this game.  Although, you can probably access the Friend list at any time by pressing the Home button anyway.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

At the inevitable WiiU unveiling sometime in the near future, I really hope I see a new Endless Ocean game or, even moreso, a new Waverace.

Dear god would Waverace be awesome.

Kenology said:
At the inevitable WiiU unveiling sometime in the near future, I really hope I see a new Endless Ocean game or, even moreso, a new Waverace.

Dear god would Waverace be awesome.

Wave Race + Japanese tech demo water = Me camping out at Best Buy 1 week before the actual release. 

Around the Network

Speaking of the devil...  Wii U unveiling on 9/13 (official thread)

^ About time!

I hate people who give interviews. Not the EA rep, but the interviewer. Who would accept that as an acceptable response? He didn't answer the damn question.

I would have asked him again, in a clarified way perhaps, until he finally stopped squirming and gave me an answer that I was set out to find. Isn't that what these interviewers are supposed to do? Nope, I guess it's just all about free PR nowadays...

Eh, anyways, I don't expect EA to really care much about the Wii U or support it very heavily (unless things change in the next two years). I don't really care what they have to say with regards to it.

wfz said:

I hate people who give interviews. Not the EA rep, but the interviewer. Who would accept that as an acceptable response? He didn't answer the damn question.

I would have asked him again, in a clarified way perhaps, until he finally stopped squirming and gave me an answer that I was set out to find. Isn't that what these interviewers are supposed to do? Nope, I guess it's just all about free PR nowadays...

Eh, anyways, I don't expect EA to really care much about the Wii U or support it very heavily (unless things change in the next two years). I don't really care what they have to say with regards to it.

I agree with you, but then you'd need a true journalist for it to happen, and there aren't many of those (if any) in the console business.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

haha yeah I don't think there's any educated journalists in the game industry! They all get hyped and usually looses their objectivity. They're more like columnists expressing their opinions.

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.