By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Wii U Thread!: Pokemon Rubmle U coming to Wii U

Tagged games:

What old franchise should Nintendo revive first on the Wii U?

Star Fox 220 47.31%

F-Zero 110 23.66%

Wave Race 29 6.24%

Top-Down Zelda 55 11.83%

Show me the results. 28 6.02%

Total:442
IamAwsome said:
NintendoPie said:
IamAwsome said:
NintendoPie said:
amp316 said:
I would love a new Starfox that's strictly a shooter and a Metroid game as long as it's nothing like Other M.

Why was Other M so hated? It looked like a really good story bassed game. (Plus the graphics were nice.)

People hated Other M because of the story and (to a MUCH lesser extent) the controls. I liked the art style, and 3rd person gameplay. Metroid games weren't story based before, so when people saw the radical new direction, they hated it. 

So it's the classic, "It's new therefore I hate it" scenario?

Yes, to a degree

It being new is not why I hated it.  I actually prefer Skyward Sword to Twilight Princess so don't give me that.

First, all of the cutscenes and story  were lousy, but I'm sure that you already knew that.  Second, controlling Samus with the D-Pad in a 3-D world was a horrific design choice.  Third, you can just tap the D-Pad all day and never get hit.  Fourth, why in the world do I have to stay rooted to the ground in one place whenever I shoot a missile?  Fifth, you aren't allowed to explore iin the game at all.  There's always a locked door...

So hopefully you now will see that my dislike for the game had nothing to do with it being different, and everything to do with it sucking.  

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network

man, i wish more people woud've gotten on board with other m. I really would've like to see a trilogy. It left just the right plot hole open for a sequel. But i don't think nintendo got the numbers they were looking for out of it. It still remains to be my favorite metroid so far. If i coud get the expansive worlds of prime with the narrative (slightly better executed *for shame jessica martin or voice director!*) i think i'd have my new favorite of all time. No metroid experience from pass games matched up to the forshadowing and actual confrontation with ridley in other m. Gave me shivers.

amp 316, although i love the game i coudn't agree more about shooting a freaking missile. That was the biggest design flaw in my eyes. I could live with everything else.

It wouldn't embed any bigger than this

^I can only see the code.

Tekken news:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-07-09-tekken-boss-brands-wii-u-gamepad-distracting-for-fighting-games

Tekken boss brands Wii U GamePad "distracting" for fighting games

Glancing between screens while playing Tekken Tag Tournament 2 on Wii U is "distracting" while playing fighting games, series boss Katsuhiro Harada has told Eurogamer.

Tag Tournament 2 on Wii U, due for release sometime during the console's four-month launch window, will likely not use the GamePad touchscreen for complicated manoeuvres.

The GamePad will instead be utilised in a simpler fashion.

"Looking at the small screen and the big screen at the same time is pretty distracting for a fighting game," Harada explained. "So we're thinking of making it useful as a way of having shortcuts.

"Or, by making progressing through the game more convenient. Or by playing alone on the GamePad screen."

Well, I can't really say other that I agree. In a fighting game you have almost no time to look at which buttons do you press, so even less to look at 2 screens.

Although I don't really know what does he mean with "making progressing through the game more convenient".

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

The great thing about Nintendo franchises is its heavy focus on gameplay more than any other. Other M was a great game but it being story-driven coupled with strictly limited controls gave it niche qualities even more so than the Metroid franchise already is; Controls are an integral part of gameplay.

Legend of Zelda's story is a given, while Metroid's story is readily available only if sought out (Scanning).

I enjoyed Other M for its different appeal. I, however, felt a little resentful towards Nintendo in their consideration of the Prime series as not being part of the canon. I may just be reading too much into it, though.
Either way, the best we could hope for, if the series have what it takes, is a split in the series similar to how Mario is now: 2D and 3D.

lefty, if by in the canon you mean related to the established story of metroid, you may be misunderstanding. The metroid prime series takes place directly after the original metroid, but before metroid 2 for gameboy, and well before super metroid. And other m is a sequel to super metroid. taking place between super metroid and metroid fusion. If that's not what you meant... my bad.

NintendoPie said:
amp316 said:
I would love a new Starfox that's strictly a shooter and a Metroid game as long as it's nothing like Other M.

Why was Other M so hated? It looked like a really good story bassed game. (Plus the graphics were nice.)

They made Samus into a dumb broad who would rather get third degree burns than disobey orders. Also, like Amp said there were some serious design errors when it comes to the controls.

Signature goes here!

A mega hit coming to Wii U! Farming Simulator 2013!
http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=180989

Read my original story on Fictionpress (Shinigami Twin): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2996503/1/Shinigami-Twin 

As well as my other one (Hell's Punishment): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3085054/1/Hell-s-Punishment

Nintendo Network ID: kingofe3

Pokemonbrawlvg said:
A mega hit coming to Wii U! Farming Simulator 2013!
http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=180989

Uhhh, yay?