By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Wii U Thread!: Pokemon Rubmle U coming to Wii U

Tagged games:

What old franchise should Nintendo revive first on the Wii U?

Star Fox 220 47.31%

F-Zero 110 23.66%

Wave Race 29 6.24%

Top-Down Zelda 55 11.83%

Show me the results. 28 6.02%

Total:442
JEMC said:
Nice new OP!

Have anyone found a hand-on about the new controller? The only ones that I've seen are from last E3, and I'm curious to see if the changes have made it more or less comfortable.

Maybe we should ask to someone from gamrReview...

The OP's not finished yet, but here is the controller hands on.

Around the Network

yeah, I love the new OP! awesome work UareAwesome!

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

I'm happy with the launch line-up as it is. Anything else is just gravy and I love gravy. mmmm gravy and biscuits....

@IamAwsome: Thanks a lot for that video!

It's comforting to hear that it still feels good, and that the screen looks also good.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

A clearer look at Netflix

More pictures available in the linked article

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:

Wii U Features No Built-In Storage

by Danny Bivens - June 13, 2012 - 7:30 A.M.
Total Comments: 4 Source: Andriasang.com NCL http://andriasang.com/con1fx/wii_u_hard_drive/ http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/library/events/120606qa/05.html

Iwata clarifies the Wii U storage conundrum. 

The Wii U will not have built-in storage. Previous reports indicated that the Wii U would come with 8 GB of internal storage, but the information comes from a mistranslation from Nintendo’s E3 analyst briefing and Q&A session.

Iwata stated, “We haven’t said anything about a hard drive that we’ll be including with the system itself. But we have said, through the USB connection, consumers will be able to take advantage of a wide range of the hard drives that are available on the market, and for quite cheap now, to add memory to their system however they like.”

Even though Nintendo is not including internal storage with the Wii U, it is possible that Nintendo may include an SD card with the system.

There had better be some storage! But if they go for really cheap they may not...

No internal storage at all? How will the mainstream audience (those who don't want to buy external storage units) download patches and updates for games, as well as downloadable-only games?

I think Nintendo will do the same thing that they did with the 3DS; have the console with some internal memory for patches, the OS, Wii games etc; and have the rest play off an included 8/16GB SD card, or, heck, even a HDD, included with the system, to save downloads on.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

spurgeonryan said:

Wii U Features No Built-In Storage

by Danny Bivens - June 13, 2012 - 7:30 A.M.
Total Comments: 4 Source: Andriasang.com NCL http://andriasang.com/con1fx/wii_u_hard_drive/ http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/library/events/120606qa/05.html

Iwata clarifies the Wii U storage conundrum.

The Wii U will not have built-in storage. Previous reports indicated that the Wii U would come with 8 GB of internal storage, but the information comes from a mistranslation from Nintendo’s E3 analyst briefing and Q&A session.

Iwata stated, “We haven’t said anything about a hard drive that we’ll be including with the system itself. But we have said, through the USB connection, consumers will be able to take advantage of a wide range of the hard drives that are available on the market, and for quite cheap now, to add memory to their system however they like.”

Even though Nintendo is not including internal storage with the Wii U, it is possible that Nintendo may include an SD card with the system.

You know, Ryan, you have really scared me!

I read that, thinking for myself what the hell is wrong with Nintendo, when I click the Andriasang link only to found this:

An official English language transcript Nintendo posted today from its E3 analysts briefing and Q&A session appeared to confirm the inclusion of a hard drive in the Wii U.

Nintendo CEO Satoru Iwata was asked about the size of the built in Wii U hard drive. The response, as posted at the Q&A transcript (currently inaccessible) read: "We haven’t said anything about the hard drive that we’ll be including with the system itself. But we have said, through the USB connection, consumers will be able to take advantage of a wide range of the hard drives that are available in the market, and for quite cheap now, to add memory to their system however they like."

It looks like this English translation had an error. In Nintendo's Japanese Q&A transcript, accessible here, the question and most of the response are the same, but the first sentence reads: "We have not said that we will be including a hard drive with the Wii U system." The rest of the reply is the same.

Nintendo has removed the English language Q&A, so it's likely that they're fixing the issue.

http://andriasang.com/con1fx/wii_u_hard_drive/

So we have gone from 8 GB to none at all to have an HDD. This is actually good news!

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

spurgeonryan said:
Conegamer said:
I think Nintendo will do the same thing that they did with the 3DS; have the console with some internal memory for patches, the OS, Wii games etc; and have the rest play off an included 8/16GB SD card, or, heck, even a HDD, included with the system, to save downloads on.

I have not used any extra memory for my 3DS yet. Did not even know that I needed it? Actually specs are not my thing, so maybe I am just not understanding you.

The extra memorty comes from the SD card in the SD card slot of the 3DS. All downloads, saves etc. (bar DSiWare games) will go to the SD card, I believe. That's 2GB, or around 11,000 blocks. 

If that runs out, then all saved data is put on the 3DS' 512MB internal memory, which isn't as large, as sorta a 'stop-gap' thing whilst you clear room off of the SD card, or get a new SD card. I'm unsure if downloaded apps work straight from this memory, but I bet they do.

Also, good news about that mistranslation!

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

I don't see why people have any complaints about an SD card versus internal storage? As long as the SD card is of an adequate speed (which, you wouldn't be able to fit a game on the Wii-Us internal memory anyways even if it was 8GB built in) to run some DLC, Bug fixes/Patches I don't see what is of the issue. On top of that it is a removable storage medium you can bring with you and attach to other Wii-Us. In my eyes it is win/win. And you can use an external HDD with a Wii-U (desktop or laptop drive by the way) so you aren't limited to paying for an overpriced HDD (Xbox 360).