By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Nintendo Game Announcements Thread 2008

Nobody mentioned Ninja Reflex and Mario Baseball.

Around the Network

Summer Sports: Paradise Island announced for Wii (source).

Marker Man announced for Wii and DS (source).

Rondo of Swords announced for DS (sourcescreenshots). 

Toy Shop announced for DS (source, fact sheet, screenshots).

Robocalypse announced for DS (source, screenshots).

Penelope announced for DS (source).

You should also add Baroque (Wii) to the list. 

coolestguyever said:
Am I correct in saying the Wii's biggest games of 2008 are:

- Mario Kart Wii
- Wii Fit
- and Super Smash Brothers Brawl??

I think the big games of 2008 are the games Nintendo has yet to announce. Nintendo held back at last years E3 only announcing two new titles. Apparently they shifted policies to only announcing games that are near completion.

I think thats bull I think the only reason Nintendo held back was because they knew 2008 is there throwdown year. The year Nintendo will have to fight hardest against Sony and Microsoft, so Nintendo withheld their Fiscal years releases to suprise and generate more hype for their 2008 games.

So what do I think, E3 this year or maybe as early as GDC will see Nintendo unvieling a butt load of killer apps. Donkey Kong was announced back in 2005 (Where is it) Nintendo also averages about 10-12 game unvielings a year at E3 but none were shown last year well only two!

So while I think those three will be big hits in 2008 I think other just as big hits are soon to be announced!

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

@Joelcool7 - I agree. We also know Disaster, Animal Crossing and Wii Music are in development and should hit this year, but Nintendo has been very quiet all in all.
A few surprise titles at E3 would not surprise me at all. Looking forward to see what they pull out of their hats for '08.

have to keep tabs on this thread