By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sega says: thank you to all the wii owners that bought M&S at the Olympics

IGN said this game will likely be on many platforms including the Wii months ago. Is that info wrong?

http://wii.ign.com/objects/787/787980.html

currently playing: Desktop Tower Defense (PC), Puzzle Quest (DS), Trauma Center New Blood (Wii), Guitar Hero III (Wii), Ghost Squad (Wii), Actraiser (SNES), Donkey Kong County (SNES), The Legend of Zelda (NES), Kirby's Adventure (NES)

will play next: Paper Mario (N64), Golden Axe II (Sega), NiGHTS (Wii)

Join the Ron Paul RLOVEution, support Ron Paul for president in the 2008 Republican presidential primary! http://www.ronpaul2008.com

Around the Network

"The fuss", as it were, probably stems from the fact that this next game will feature online play while M&S had nothing but a lousy leaderboard system and without a doubt Sega will put more effort into the graphics on this one than they did the Wii version.

I've played M&S: it's a good game, but it's clear that Sega could have put a bit more effort into it than they did, like online play for the fencing and table tennis games.

If you subtract the Mario and Sonic licenses, you have an olympic game being released for the Wii and then you have a better iteration of the same game with online play being made for other consoles. Yes, the Wii got it first, but it did so at the cost of some desirable features which would have added a great deal of longevity to the game.

"I mean, c'mon, Viva Pinata, a game with massive marketing, didn't sell worth a damn to the "sophisticated" 360 audience, despite near-universal praise--is that a sign that 360 owners are a bunch of casual ignoramuses that can't get their heads around a 'gardening' sim? Of course not. So let's please stop trying to micro-analyze one game out of hundreds and using it as the poster child for why good, non-1st party, games can't sell on Wii. (Everyone frequenting this site knows this is nonsense, and yet some of you just can't let it go because it's the only scab you have left to pick at after all your other "Wii will phail1!!1" straw men arguments have been put to the torch.)" - exindguy on Boom Blocks

well.....is the sonic and mario at olympics good?? if it uses wii remote then i got it!!

Wii console: 0595 8808 5698 2709
Super Smash Bros Brawl: 1161 1357 5188

Mario Kart Wii: 1633 4506 4319

PES 2008: 1633 5820 0347

DragonBall Z BT 3: 3823 9760 9484

Pokemon Battle Revolution: 3480 2645 9186
Feel free to add me, and sent me a pm with your Friend Code!!

they should port Mario and Sonic to the PS3/360/PC. Make even more cash.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

I was kinda expecting to see "Sonic at the Olympic Games", actually.

"I mean, c'mon, Viva Pinata, a game with massive marketing, didn't sell worth a damn to the "sophisticated" 360 audience, despite near-universal praise--is that a sign that 360 owners are a bunch of casual ignoramuses that can't get their heads around a 'gardening' sim? Of course not. So let's please stop trying to micro-analyze one game out of hundreds and using it as the poster child for why good, non-1st party, games can't sell on Wii. (Everyone frequenting this site knows this is nonsense, and yet some of you just can't let it go because it's the only scab you have left to pick at after all your other "Wii will phail1!!1" straw men arguments have been put to the torch.)" - exindguy on Boom Blocks

Around the Network

Whaha, this thread is pathetic...

That game, Beijng 2008 was already announced as 'on the way' when the Wii and the PS3 weren't even out yet... Though no info ever came out... Now that the platforms are supposedly X360 and PS3 doesn't mean that they are backstabing Nintendo, nor the Wii... 

THE NETHERLANDS

ssj12 said:

How to get Mario&Sonic on X360/PS3/PC when Mario is like the biggest license Nintendo owns?...

THE NETHERLANDS

The current information does not list this game going to the Wii.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/844/844736p1.html

That being said, I bought M&S -- I would not buy Decathatlete 2008 8*>

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

StarcraftManiac said:
ssj12 said:

How to get Mario&Sonic on X360/PS3/PC when Mario is like the biggest license Nintendo owns?...

there are Mario based PC games. Like Mario Teaches Typing. As for the other consoles. idk.. I figure Nintendo would want to pull cash off of their rival consoles. lol

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

great...another olympics game...cause thats what i want...