By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sly Cooper: Thieves In Time Coming This Fall

Tagged games:

sales2099 said:
pezus said:
RolStoppable said:
pezus said:
Are pezus and axumblade the only ones who are looking forward to this game??

Probably yes, because everyone else prefers to jump on turtles in their platformers instead of teaming up with them.

Sony games are even losing the internet hype now. Once, they had that and no real-life hype, now they have no hype at all.

I'm glad that you specified platformers because squirtle would have been angry otherwise.

While I would normally love to believe this bold is true, sadly its not. Internet hype with no actual relevant hype is still among us. The last guardian comes to mind, I do remember seeing twisted metal hype a lot b4 the metacritic score showed up :P. Sly does get a ton of hype among the PS3 fans on youtube, where basically if its a PS3 exclusive its God. 

Out of curiosity, why does it hurt you so much that people on the internet are hyped about something that you don't think deserves it or will get comparable sales?  Does it really matter to you that I want to talk about a new game from a developer I love (TLG) even though it's not going to sell like Halo?  Or that I like that a new Sly is being made on an HD console since it's so different from most of what is put on the HD guys?  Or that I'm hyped for a new entry in one of the oldest Playstation franchises around?  

I've never considered people being overly hyped about something to be harmful in any way.  Whether or not I agree, it's just people being happy about something.  I consider something like what you're doing here (putting down what other people are looking forward to or were looking forward to) to be much more harmful to making a worthwhile community.

To Everyone else:  This isn't the place to rail on the guy for what he oes in Youtube.  Take it somewhere else please.

Around the Network

Really looking forward to this. One of my favourite childhood games :D also, it's nice to see the usual trolls and fanboys in this thread. Keep it classy vgchartz.

Source: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/03/01/hands-on-with-sly-cooper-thieves-in-time/

Looking forward too... I played Sly Collection yesterday night.

pezus said:
JazzyJeez said:
pezus said:
JazzyJeez said:
pezus said:
sales2099 said:
pezus said:
RolStoppable said:
pezus said:

Probably yes, because everyone else prefers to jump on turtles in their platformers instead of teaming up with them.

Sony games are even losing the internet hype now. Once, they had that and no real-life hype, now they have no hype at all.

I'm glad that you specified platformers because squirtle would have been angry otherwise.

While I would normally love to believe this bold is true, sadly its not. Internet hype with no actual relevant hype is still among us. The last guardian comes to mind, I do remember seeing twisted metal hype a lot b4 the metacritic score showed up :P. Sly does get a ton of hype among the PS3 fans on youtube, where basically if its a PS3 exclusive its God. 

Youtube? You shouldn't use that as a bar of measurement.

Check out his yt channel then you'll realise how low he sets his bar.

How do I find it?

I think hes called generalmld or something equally pathetic, I'm not a great fan of youtube tbh so I couldn't tell you exactly how to find him, but to be honest its not worth looking at, just another example of a grown man acting like a child.

Wtf, checked his channel out and all I can say is what little respect for him I had I have now lost. He's seriously acting superior over another youtube user because he has fewer video views and subscribers...

This isnt the site to discuss this so ill be brief. First that guy I was "acting superior" over cause of my subs/vid views....its complicated. Gaming Youtube has zero regulation. Constructive debates do not exist. Its all personal attacks, reactions. Its what my subs want. That guy and many of his guys are the fanatic of PS3 fanatics who bash me constantly, due to me being the only 360 fan there with decent subs (as far as gaming channels go). 

But thats why I go there. Forums are regulated where as on Youtube you REALLY know what the gamers truly think. 

Here some of my habits I learned to "survive" in Youtube come off here. For that I apologize. But as my subs also know its for the reactions cause reactions = subs. That isnt me, and frankly neither is this account, as my gaming thoughts never enter my thoughts when I leave the house, when working, school, or with my family or gf. 

I dont like Sony, and I am entitled for that opinion. Ill try to not outright troll. That is all. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network
Torillian said:
sales2099 said:
pezus said:
RolStoppable said:
pezus said:

Out of curiosity, why does it hurt you so much that people on the internet are hyped about something that you don't think deserves it or will get comparable sales?  Does it really matter to you that I want to talk about a new game from a developer I love (TLG) even though it's not going to sell like Halo?  Or that I like that a new Sly is being made on an HD console since it's so different from most of what is put on the HD guys?  Or that I'm hyped for a new entry in one of the oldest Playstation franchises around?  

I've never considered people being overly hyped about something to be harmful in any way.  Whether or not I agree, it's just people being happy about something.  I consider something like what you're doing here (putting down what other people are looking forward to or were looking forward to) to be much more harmful to making a worthwhile community.

To Everyone else:  This isn't the place to rail on the guy for what he oes in Youtube.  Take it somewhere else please.

I have no problem with people being hyped for a game. Truly.

To me, it comes off as pretentious, that literally every PS3 exclusive is expected to be a AAA blockbuster and the Wii/360 gamers hear no end to it. When the game does release and doesnt meet initial expectations, the hype immediately dies but they move on to treating another upcoming exclusive like the second coming. Its a neverending cycle of smugness and elitist mindsets. Wii and 360 gamers hype of Zelda, Halo, and Gears but thats cause they are our flagships. PS3 gamers hype everything, and I do mean everything. 

But The issue here is that I am referring to fanboys (please dont moderate me for that I am not calling anybody here that) where as this community isnt composed of them. So I apologize for lumping in PS fans here with PS3 fanboys I find elsewhere. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:
Torillian said:
sales2099 said:
pezus said:
RolStoppable said:
pezus said:

To me, it comes off as pretentious, that literally every PS3 exclusive is expected to be a AAA blockbuster and the Wii/360 gamers hear no end to it. When the game does release and doesnt meet initial expectations, the hype immediately dies but they move on to treating another upcoming exclusive like the second coming. Its a neverending cycle of smugness and elitist mindsets. Wii and 360 gamers hype of Zelda, Halo, and Gears but thats cause they are our flagships. PS3 gamers hype everything, and I do mean everything. 

But The issue here is that I am referring to fanboys (please dont moderate me for that I am not calling anybody here that) where as this community isnt composed of them. So I apologize for lumping in PS fans here with PS3 fanboys I find elsewhere. 

So just because a few people try and overhype a game u make it your moral duty to try and downplay it and leave some sort of troll bait comment? There are ps3 fans on this website but I rarely see them trolling in all Xbox related threads, and to be honest I see you doing it a lot. I know your dream is for Sony to become extinct and lose everything, but keep that to yourself. If people want to hype games, let them do it. If people like Sony that's fine. Just as its fine for you to like Microsoft. All of us have the ability to troll but most of us choose to not do it. Think about it.

I got the Sly Cooper HD trilogy on PS3. i thought it was alright, the same as inFamous. i think they're okay games, but not amazing. however i am looking foward to this one.

the teaser trailer was fun. but i hope they improve the gameplay from the PS2 games. if they do Sony could have a platformer on par with Mario. which frankly is extremely exciting. and i would love to have something that rivals 3D Mario, since i dont have a Wii. and no Sonic Generations inst a good game, so i dont count that as a worthy competitor to Mario.

thehusbo said:
sales2099 said:
Torillian said:
sales2099 said:
pezus said:
RolStoppable said:
pezus said:

So just because a few people try and overhype a game u make it your moral duty to try and downplay it and leave some sort of troll bait comment? There are ps3 fans on this website but I rarely see them trolling in all Xbox related threads, and to be honest I see you doing it a lot. I know your dream is for Sony to become extinct and lose everything, but keep that to yourself. If people want to hype games, let them do it. If people like Sony that's fine. Just as its fine for you to like Microsoft. All of us have the ability to troll but most of us choose to not do it. Think about it.

100% agreed but I still find it amusing that console fans refuse to acknowledge their more fanatic members. You say few, I say hundreds to thousands, seriously. By comparison most real 360 and Wii fanboys went into hiding since 2009. 

I am looking forward to it. Just started playing Sly 3 to prepare for it. While it isn't being made by Sucker Punch, I still have faith in Sanzaru games to make something worthwhile.