By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gates: 360 To Be the Most REALIABLE Console Available!!!!!

Yes that's true because bla bla bla...not really.

Around the Network
macross said:

Our commitment is that it will be the most reliable video game box out there. People really love the Xbox because of the content, but we've got to make sure that the hardware never stands in the way of that.

Calm down people. What he is saying is that they are committed to make it the most reliable console, not that he thinks that it is. He is just stating that reliability is now top on their list of improvements.Nothing to flame here.

MrMafoo said:
macross said:

Our commitment is that it will be the most reliable video game box out there. People really love the Xbox because of the content, but we've got to make sure that the hardware never stands in the way of that.

Calm down people. What he is saying is that they are committed to make it the most reliable console, not that he thinks that it is. He is just stating that reliability is now top on their list of improvements.Nothing to flame here.

It is the first console ever had so many problems........& most people it can't be most reliable either, because it is Microsoft.  LOL

Poor PS3 Sales Means Smaller Losses

"Actually, because the number of units sold was not as high as we hoped, the loss was better than our original expectation," Quotes from Sony’s CFO Nobuyuki Oneda.

MrMafoo said:
macross said:

Microsoft has never been about quality.

Gates makes all kinds of unrealistic assertions based on ignorance: he told us in 2004 that spam would be dead by the beginning of 2006.  He showed a complete misunderstanding of both the social and technical problems faced by the current implementation of SMTP, but that didn't stop him from making wildly foolish comments about it.

I don't trust what Gates says when it comes to anything computers because he doesn't know what he's talking about. He's too willing to speak about things he doesn't know anything about.

Hey, did you know that all Sony does is make video games?  Bill Gates does.  He should correct the Sony pages on Wikipedia with his knowledge:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sony_Corporation_shareholders_and_subsidiaries

Perhaps he doesn't want to admit that Sony, as a company, *literally* has ten times the depth that Microsoft has.

Also, the 33% failure rate is unbelievably generous.  Look at the gaming press as a group if you want a sample: joystiq reports that 9 out of 10 of its editors have had xbox 360 failures.  Other gaming press is even worse: arstechnica reporters have said they had 4+ failures.  People in the SA forums have an "xbox failure thread" where people talk about the service and give facts, dates, timelines and support experiences.

It's reasonable to say that Microsoft has the worst customer service of the big three.  People get conflicting information from Agents, agents have often failed to file requests properly, MS often says that their systems are down and they can help people, repairs fairly often arrive DOA or fail within weeks of arriving and Microsoft will do nothing to facilitate a faster repair. 

macross said:
MrMafoo said:
macross said:

It is the first console ever had so many problems........& most people it can't be most reliable either, because it is Microsoft. LOL

Wow ... are our memories so short that we have forgotten Sony's disk-read errors? Sony denied that for years ... and I know they did, because I had one repaired by them! My Xbox has crashed literally 2 to 3 times. 

Repairs cost, and MS would rather pay for the technology to slow that from happening than keep paying for repairs and losing tons of credibility. 

Around the Network
NJ5 said:
Well, it's not impossible... If they solve all their hardware problems, they should go back to normal rates of failure for electronic devices.

I wouldn't bet on it, but you can't say this is a lie, since it's about the future, not the past or present.

Spot on. They have fixed the red ring of death problem in the latest machines.

Incisive and erudite blog by game industry professional.

http://www.bruceongames.com/

@Bruce

No they haven't... My mate sam got a new 360 elite for xmas just past and it died on him last week... So i guess not all problems have been sorted!

He's getting positive feedback about Vista? From his staff i guess...

Squall_Leonhart said:
@Bruce

No they haven't... My mate sam got a new 360 elite for xmas just past and it died on him last week... So i guess not all problems have been sorted!

As far as I can tell from the SA sample, the new units fail at approximately the same rate as the old ones.  That is, nothing has been fixed yet and as far as anyone can tell, Microsoft hasn't done anything to address the 3RROD error and has quality issues on several other areas.  For example, the DVD drives have a high failure rate and commonly scratch discs.  

New "falcon" 360 units have their core CPU fabbed by IBM with a 65nm process.  That draws less power and runs a little cooler.  Also, MS has added a second heatsink connected to the primary GPU heatsink via a heatpipe.  Neither of these changes seem to have a significant effect on the reliability of the 360.

Some of the answers did not even make sense.

He was asked if he was proud of Vista and he answers "No, I'm very proud of Vista.", HUH?

Then he says, "We're hard at work on things ,we do downloads of improvements all of the time and of course there will be a major new version coming along."

This just sounds like a bunch of rambled thoughts, then mentions a whole new version coming. Uh, what the crap is he talking about, they just released Vista and haven't fixed all the problems with it, now they are gonna drop a new one soon. Sheesh!

My Tag: 2 Timothy 3:1

Jesus Christ is the ONLY way to Heaven! (John14:6)

Every second 2 people die . . . What if this is your second? 

www.goodpersontest.com