By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Just want to dedicate this thread to Sony and the Playstation brand

Much love for the PS family. I still play games on my PS1 that I can't yet get from PSN.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

Around the Network
Gilgamesh said:
kain_kusanagi said:
You have two pictures of the same model PSone, the one on the right just has the addon LCD screen. You should find a picture of the original PSX since it was the first, instead of two PSones. The same goes for the PS2 slim, you should add a PS2 Fat in there like you did with the PS3.

Good call added PSX, but no idea what you mean by PS2, that is a fat on the left and slim on right.

PS2 fat image is borked.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

Absolutely loving my PSVITA. Off to play Golden Abyss now :)

Remember these games?

I will not celebrate the PS brand until Sony give me what I was promised a PS3 Forman Grill, until that day comes I will not celebrate them! The other two have their own promises to get before I celebrate them, Nintendo needs to give out a Wii model that is two duck-tapped Gamecubes. While Microsoft needs to make a 360 that can also be used as a heater for at least one room!

Former something....

Around the Network
Gilgamesh said:

Remember these games?

yup...or these?

and we could add like at least 20-30 Ps1 classics other than that...PS1 was just insane!

Going to be hard for me to say but..... Grats Sony

Gilgamesh said:
kain_kusanagi said:
You have two pictures of the same model PSone, the one on the right just has the addon LCD screen. You should find a picture of the original PSX since it was the first, instead of two PSones. The same goes for the PS2 slim, you should add a PS2 Fat in there like you did with the PS3.

Good call added PSX, but no idea what you mean by PS2, that is a fat on the left and slim on right.

I'm talking about the PS2 which you only have a picture of one model. You have a picture of both PS3s, but only the PS2 Slim.

Here's the one you have of the PS2 Slim:

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

And here's a picture of an original PS2 fat:

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

BTW, The PSX has two definitions. It is the original designation for the original Playstation before Sony renamed it PSone. It also is the name of the PS2 Media Player which you erroneously included next to the PS1 models.

This is a model 1 Playstation known to many as a PSX. Wiki says: "The PlayStation (プレイステーション Pureisutēshon , officially abbreviated as PS; unofficially referred to as the PSX[10] or PS1"

Here's a link to why it's often called the PSX http://www.edge-online.com/features/making-playstation

"SCEA hated the name and wanted to change it to PSX, a contraction of the project’s codename. “This was actually a huge internal battle, to the point where there was research done among consumer groups,” says Harrison, who, having seen various youth groups reacting badly to the name PlayStation, had his own fears about it."

I agree with SCEA's hesitation. I've always disliked the name "Playstation". It sounds like a childrens Toy. I've always prefered abstract names like Sega Genesis, Mega Drive, Saturn, Gamecube, Turbo Grafx-16, Gameboy, or Neo Geo. Playstation has grown on me, but I still think Xbox is a better name becuase it sounds less like a child's play thing.

This is a PSX media player with a built in PS2. You can clearly see next to all the format logos listed on the front that it reads "Playstation 2"

It was a simple misunderstanding. I'm sure you've just never heard anyone refer to the original Playstation as PSX.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh, you might be interested to know that there was a special black Playstation released in Japan called the "Net Yaroze". It let budding game makers code Playstation games that could then even get published. Pretty cool, but very expensive. It was basicly a dev kit. Here's a pic:

kain_kusanagi said:
Gilgamesh said:
kain_kusanagi said:

I

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh, you might be interested to know that there was a special black Playstation released in Japan called the "Net Yaroze". It let budding game makers code Playstation games that could then even get published. Pretty cool, but very expensive. It was basicly a dev kit. Here's a pic:

Wow what an amazing find.

maverick40 said:
kain_kusanagi said:
Gilgamesh said:
kain_kusanagi said:

I

Wow what an amazing find.

Thanks, but I wouldn't call it a find. I just remember it from the 32-bit days. Back then I wanted one, but it never got released outside of Japan. Although since I computer code in english is like greek to me I doubt Japanese coding would be much worse. ;)