By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Music Discussion - adel=why all the hype.

First of all, it's Adele, not ADEL. You're entitled to not like what she's singing but why the personal insults? Who cares if she's got extra weight? (I personally think she's got a gorgeous face), this is the kind of juvenile behavior I would expect from a 15 year old.

As for why she's popular: she's unique in the pop music industry right now, she feels real, genuine which contrasts a lot with the fabricated or over the top images of many pop stars. Her songs while being about her personal experience with a bad relationship are very easy to identify with and connect with a lot of people.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
d21lewis said:

If Adele were a man, she would be this:

That ass doesn't sell albums.

I remember that 2 hit band. after that song,people could'nt stand them anylonger.

oldschoolfool said:

I like rock n roll and heavy metal. that is my response to that. I'm just tired of hearing about that fat cow on the T.V. and the interwebnets.

You can hear her fatness!? 

But yeah, I'm not tired of her, yet.  The problem with radio is that, if a song sounds good and people like it, they put it in heavy rotation until everyone gets tired of it.  Happens to me with a lot of songs.  Then, after they finally lose interest and play the song once every few weeks, I remember why I loved it.

oldschoolfool said:
d21lewis said:

If Adele were a man, she would be this:

That ass doesn't sell albums.

I remember that 2 hit band. after that song,people could'nt stand them anylonger.

I still like them.  :(

oldschoolfool said:
d21lewis said:
Because, in this day of pre-fabricated soulless pop music, she's a throwback to an era where an artist got by on there talent instead of their image and good looks. When I was a child of the 80's, there were some ugly, old, fat people that made it big because of their music. I think Adele will be the return of that era. She'll let people believe that, even if they don't look like a model, if they're passionate, they can be successful,

In all honesty, i didn't watch the Grammy Awards, I don't watch many music videos, and I don't read a lot of music magazines, anymore. My first time seeing Adele was ages after I had fallen in love with the song "Rolling in the Deep". Even now, I'm not sure I remember what she looks like. I love her music, though. That's why I know she's a good artist.

I like rock n roll and heavy metal. that is my response to that. I'm just tired of hearing about that fat cow on the T.V. and the interwebnets.

Making a thread about her ain't the best way to go if you wanna stop hearing about Adele.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

They like her because she makes good music. I like her too. If you don't fine. But don't go insulting her. I don't insult the talentless hacks you listen to. 

Bieber's talented?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Sorry I had to let that one out there. Also I don't condone the "fat" comments either.

whats an Adel?

What the hell does her appearance have to do with anything? Why does that effect your opinion of her? Are you seriously that shallow?

Those cow & whale references are seriously uncalled for. I don't even care for her much, but you really do sound like a horrible person based on your posts in this thread.

pezus said:
It's not like she's the only artist with great talent these days. There are lots of talented musicians out there but none come close to the popularity of the big stars (Adele, Gaga, Bieber, Rihanna etc.). Some are even talented AND good looking, but didn't get insanely popular like Adele. She really baffles me

Gaga & Adele are actually talented though, dont label them next to Rihanna or Bieber (although bieber is just a kid living his dream, which i guess is ok)