By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pokemon Black/White 2 Announced?!

Pavolink said:
So, they are releasing a sequel of the last pokemon game re-using the same tools and codes with a minimun effort on a 150MDS + 16M3DS installbase, while waiting for the latest handheld to continue gaining sales with other games like the future 2D Mario in this fiscal year?

Pffff Nintendo, what a stupid idea. You should waste money developing an exclusive 3DS pokemon in a 10% DS installbase in the same fiscal year of a 2D Mario, Tomodachi Collection, Animal Crossing and after only one year of SM3DLand and MK7.

Please it would cause a huge spike in 3ds sales......and I think that fact alone trumps those points you listed. 

DS is dead and still outselling PSP, time to move on Nintendo! Besides, I think the fans want the better graphics and 3d battles. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network

3DS is now sad. Good job, Nintendo (and yes I know you can just play DS games on 3DS).

and I said that the original Black and White would be the swansong titles for the DS

Well my main issue up until this point was that the UK got Pokemon Gray instead of Grey. Was not expecting this, and not really impressed, seems the spin-off game(s) have fallen a bit since the initial Pokemon Yellow. Must say, I am surprised they are releasing for the DS and not the 3DS.

I'm a bit worried about these news.

A title this big on the DS will revive the system temporarely and hurt 3DS sales. I dont understand why they simply arent bringing this out on the 3DS.

Though for 3DS owners its fine since the system plays DS games.

Around the Network

they are decreasing both Pokemon and 3DS success at the same time with this, and I'm not going to buy it

have to wait another 5 years for a main Pokemon on 3DS.... : (

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

haha nintendo has trolled us all. ds games look awfull on the 3ds, way to blurry to actially enjoy the game.

Everyone needs to stop assuming that this will be bringing down 3DS and pokémon sales.Pretty much everyone looking to buy this game already own a DS/3DS and those who don't will buy the cheaper and future proof option: 3DS (way more bang for the buck).

And this way owners of both systems will be able to buy it. Ignoring a 150 million installbase would be more than stupid.

maverick40 said:
haha nintendo has trolled us all. ds games look awfull on the 3ds, way to blurry to actially enjoy the game.

False, it's less blurry if you use the original resolution option.

I dont think many people saw that coming, but personally I'm quite happy as it makes a change from the 3rd version system GameFreak had going on. Now everyone has a lot to speculate about - I'm really wondering if it will be like Platinum with a bit of extra story but actually the same game, or will it be a whole new story after B/W with new characters? Or something different?!

Like others I've quite surprised it's not for 3DS though...