By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Music Discussion - Should album prices be reduced?

Should album prices be reduced?

Yes, at £5 I would buy a lot more. 21 60.00%

No. 4 11.43%

Who gives a shit? Illegal downloading FTW! 10 28.57%

Total:35

HMV has quite a lot of deals on at the time, 2 for £10 etc, so you can snap a few albums for £5 each, but honestly, in most cases they're overpriced at about £10-12 each.

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

Around the Network

Modern music albums rarely have more than one or two tracks that are worth downloading/listening to. 10 out of 12 album tracks are generally filler.

What's that little weird L thing you put before the number? Is that in any way similar to the dollar sign $?

Marks said:
What's that little weird L thing you put before the number? Is that in any way similar to the dollar sign $?

lol that would be a pound sign (£), and is the currency for the United Kingdom, its farely comparable, to make things easy to understand, I'll use games, a new game in the UK has a RRP of £50 on PS3/360 (although in real life, it only costs us gamers £40)

and imo, I think album prices are fine, if I want 10 songs, £10 is fine, I'm used to paying £1 a song on Itunes, so I don't see a problem with the pricing

TeddostheFireKing said:
Marks said:

lol that would be a pound sign (£), and is the currency for the United Kingdom, its farely comparable, to make things easy to understand, I'll use games, a new game in the UK has a RRP of £50 on PS3/360 (although in real life, it only costs us gamers £40)

and imo, I think album prices are fine, if I want 10 songs, £10 is fine, I'm used to paying £1 a song on Itunes, so I don't see a problem with the pricing

haha thanks, but I was just trolling my buddy man-bear-pig on that one! 

And I think 10 pounds for an album is a bit much, 1 pound per song is even too much. Since its just $1 per song in Canada/USA it really should be like 0.75 pounds per song or something in the Kingdom. 

Around the Network

Thanks