By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Vita OS on par with iOS and Android OS?

From the appearance, no...its looks messy and a bit confused i hope they release a more sleek, intuitive one by the end of the year

Around the Network

I have a galaxy s2 and I must say I am loving the vita os. It is very intuitive.

maverick40 said:
I have a galaxy s2 and I must say I am loving the vita os. It is very intuitive.

I dont know about you, but I was definitely surprised with the Vita OS...maybe I should not have been surprised, but I was. It has all the basic features of Android OS and iOS. And in some cases the features are better. Definitely the startup time is way better. Unfortnately, it has only just a few apps...at this time. 

Well Vita wont sell near as much as those phones,, iphone has sold what ? 500 m?

But i think apps would be awesome for Vita as Os looks really good.

I love the Vita OS, especially when quickly exiting a game and only needing to swipe to the right to bring it's page back up and continue where you left off. It not only does it for games, but it gives this option for up to 8 programs/apps at a time, making it real easy to switch between things.

It looks very clean and it is very simple to use.

Now, I would say my phone is easier because everything is right in front of your face, but the Vita's presentation blows my phone away.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network
Euphoria14 said:
I love the Vita OS, especially when quickly exiting a game and only needing to swipe to the right to bring it's page back up and continue where you left off. It not only does it for games, but it gives this option for up to 8 programs/apps at a time, making it real easy to switch between things.

Now, I would say my phone is easier because everything is right in front of your face, but the Vita's presentation blows my phone away.

Yeah you are right. I was also blown away by the fact it can run 8 programs at the same time with any problem!

maverick40 said:
Euphoria14 said:

Yeah you are right. I was also blown away by the fact it can run 8 programs at the same time with any problem!

What impressed me more was the nice looking screens you get after exiting a program. Right smack in the middle it has a screenshots of what you were doing and allows you to just click it Uncharted (Or whatever you were playing) starts up right away with no loading or anything. I also like that you can easily close that same program out instead by doing a quick and easy peel away motion at the top right of the screen.

Everything is very simple and real intuitive. They did good on this one, they really did.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

BasilZero said:
blkfish92 said:
BasilZero said:
blkfish92 said:
BasilZero said:
I honestly dont like the new OS, loved the XMB :(

Really? By the looks of the new OS I welcome it!

Eh I'll get used to it, personally loved the XMB xD

Could just be a getting used to it phase, I feel like that for most things too, like when when windows vista first came out.

Hated vista, dropped it as soon as Windows 7 came out XD!

Ya me too, windows 7 I loved the moment I seen it!