By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 38 - Portal Theme

Wonktonodi said:
Linkzmax said:
Wonktonodi said:

As town I see him trying to come up with a way to potentially catch scum. I see him then reading your post about the role discussion and then realizing that maybe even the character type might be too much and thus not wanting it.

The problem with that theory in my mind is that having no name as he puts it and thinking that others have no name; there would be zero reason to caution against typeclaims while mentioning how few characters there are.

There were always pleanty of other potential drawbacks from typeclaims, his character although unnamed is not a creation by tos, by going with typeclaims there was always a chance one type of thing could end up standing out. Such as only one person claiming other.

The bold is the key part. Yes, it could be dangerous to single someone out. No, it doesn't make sense to mention the game having so few characters if he truly believes town humans(at the least) aren't characters.

What do you mean "is not a creation by tos"?

Around the Network

I'd like to say the "I blew it" ragequit suggests mafia, but I know better. It reflects the person, not the role/character.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

theprof00 said:
Linkzmax said:

Dude, you said "killed at night" when one of the options I listed was "confirmed" innocent aka scanned. The former IS laughable. The latter is reasonable. We both know it's not damning evidence, but to some it might be enough. Everyone is quick to preach caution, but I've been killed in day phases before getting a word in too many times. I could see you trying to herd the sheep into mislynching me if the situation were right, so consider it a proactive defense against a possibility rather than reactive anger at a bad town. If I thought it were likely my vote would be on you, but as unlikely as it may be there's no reason not to point it out.

I know what I said. But I'd rather keep you guessing at what my sentiments are than discussing even anything remotely related to cops.But, then you called me on it. Yes, I'm hoping that he is cleared, though I don't expect it. I have a feeling that his abandoment of the thread is resignation typical of "I blew it".

It's typical to assume there's a cop or a cop-like role in every game, though it's not a certainty either.

As for his abandonment, I looked back(at his demises) and moreno never really had time to skip out when caught as scum in his first game. FF shot him as scum in his second. Can't recall if he was pressured in 36.5.  And he fought until he hammered himself(he thought he was unkillable) last round as town.

spurgeonryan said:
What do you guys think morenoingrato could do to make things better forhimself if he is not mafia?

I don't really think there's much he can do except prove himself. I'm not going to ask for a role claim. But perhaps some kind of explanation of what he's thinking or even a good reason why we should keep him around would be helpful, but not guaranteed.

Linkzmax said:
Wonktonodi said:
Linkzmax said:
Wonktonodi said:

As town I see him trying to come up with a way to potentially catch scum. I see him then reading your post about the role discussion and then realizing that maybe even the character type might be too much and thus not wanting it.

The problem with that theory in my mind is that having no name as he puts it and thinking that others have no name; there would be zero reason to caution against typeclaims while mentioning how few characters there are.

There were always pleanty of other potential drawbacks from typeclaims, his character although unnamed is not a creation by tos, by going with typeclaims there was always a chance one type of thing could end up standing out. Such as only one person claiming other.

The bold is the key part. Yes, it could be dangerous to single someone out. No, it doesn't make sense to mention the game having so few characters if he truly believes town humans(at the least) aren't characters.

What do you mean "is not a creation by tos"

I don't recall him every saying cleary he didn't think that all town humans weren't characters.

What I mean by not a creation by tos is that homeless test subject is in the portal univers, not something like a brand new character that tos made. I don't think that moreno thought that he was one of several homeless test subjects.

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
Wonktonodi said:
theprof00 said:
Wonktonodi said:

looking at all the options usually means, looking first then making judgment calls.

I had been looking at the option that you had first been ignoring and didn't see him as scum slipping as much as a townie who made many mistakes. However I do see him still as a potential liability and since he wasn't the one making the points I made and instead chose to lurk I feel it was best to vote him.

don't make arbitrary definitions to support your arguable point.

@2nd part.
Right, I agree. You made a lot of points on his behalf. That makes me wonder what your motivations are. He didn't defend himself, you defended him. Because of that, you had a change of heart, perhaps rethinking things. Correct? I did too using the same exact occurence that you used. The difference is, I'm over here looking at it, and you're over there.

One event, two re-examinations.

don't claim to look at all the options when your actions show you didn't

I hardly call what I did until the end defending moreno. I thought he was being bad as town until he became untollerable and I voted for him. Mine was slow progession towards a vote.

You flipped from thinking him scum to thinking him town not bu any changes he made but by looking at things again. Options you should have looked at before.

1. Fine, youw eren't defending him. I won't argue anymore.

2. He doesn't need to do anything for me to change my opinion on him. I considered him possibly one thing or another. I was leaning more heavily mafia but then after I saw some of the reasoning put against him, and from some of my supsicions on others, I reevaluated. I'm completely surprised that you think he needs to do something in order for my opinions to change. But I'm not surprised that you're telling me what I'm doing using your own definitions because that's just typica...and it also makes me lean more town. In my experience, it's best to avoid you because the arguements are so pointless and distracting. Everytime I've engaged and thought "maybe this time he's mafia", you've turned up town.

It's more that I'm surpised you are thinking all the options now. When you yourself had thought moreno had been at L1 before and didn't bring any of this up before then. However I do have to give you credit for unvoting when you thought it was at that point.

spurgeonryan said:
What do you guys think morenoingrato could do to make things better forhimself if he is not mafia?

Post, for starters. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

I know spurge, no need to quote me.

Okay, I already gave each and every single one of my reasons for my earlier failure, and I don't know how to make it more clear. My bad, an error, that was it.

As of what I think of what is currently happening, I don't have anything, I need to read it all, and I'm about to go to sleep, so it's not happening today.

Wonktonodi said:
Linkzmax said:
Wonktonodi said:
Linkzmax said:

What do you mean "is not a creation by tos"

I don't recall him every saying cleary he didn't think that all town humans weren't characters.

What I mean by not a creation by tos is that homeless test subject is in the portal univers, not something like a brand new character that tos made. I don't think that moreno thought that he was one of several homeless test subjects.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4440478 " HOWEVER, Prof was very quick to point out there are only 4 human characters in Portal, and I'm sure any non-scum human will find that very odd considering their roles. "

That's about as clear as you can say it without saying it verbatim. If it wasn't what he was saying then the vote on prof makes no sense.

morenoingrato said:
I know spurge, no need to quote me.

Okay, I already gave each and every single one of my reasons for my earlier failure, and I don't know how to make it more clear. My bad, an error, that was it.

As of what I think of what is currently happening, I don't have anything, I need to read it all, and I'm about to go to sleep, so it's not happening today.

You have yet to address this. Or you can jump directly to the linked post.