By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 38 - Portal Theme

spurgeonryan said:
Anyone have votals?

moreno should be at l-1

Around the Network

Okay, Spurge, I have to say I dislike some of your posts because you are just throwing questions out there that are probably supposed to just raise questionmarks - I mean this post and its confusing follow-ups... you say you have no idea about prof, but asking these question seems just unnecessary - also when you don't know something for 100% (linkz suspecting prof or not) you are allowed to reread some of the thread... also why do you make it sound so much like you are just following linkz lead on prof...

"Did Links suspect you at one point?"

seriously? Is that really important when you want to say that you distrust prof? If you dislike his attitude, what he has done so far and/or other stuff just say so and don't just depend on others...

On another note: I do not really get the whole discussion about the one post where spurge pointed out that prof could've hurt town with his 'trickery', while Spurge is right that it could've hurt town... hummm... so far so legit the post, but I think both sides (wonk vs. linkz) are putting a very one dimensional view onto this post... It more the post that I linked above and which was a follow up on the discussed post that did look bad in my eyes... it is like he was trying to shatter all suspicion of the 'trickery' post by saying he simply doesn't know what prof is... argh... I need to get my thoughts in order for this to make more sense...

I'm pretty confident that stefl is town, btw.

I also wanted to look at this from wonk:
"I feel good enough about him that I didn't Vote for him, HOS him or FOS him.

Mafia games can last for weeks or over a month. So when you make as many mistakes he has made in a few real life days it's too short a time.

I do plan on sharing at some point."

You automatically assume that you'll be here tomorrow to share?

Also, I'm going to unvote for now, because there is lots more to talk about I feel.
unvote

Wonktonodi said:

Even doing that it still makes it a pain to respond to.  Also for reference the points that there are points in responce to are here http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4442611

1. Your intital observation only said the spurge is awfully quiet this round. Why didn't you mention anyone else who was more quiet than him? Seems like spurge was right when he responded to you saying it's all about him. Since your story then was he wasn't playing how he always plays.

2. Heres some retorical questions for you? Do you think how he has played before was good? Do you think he would wants to keepl playing that way? Do you think he likes getting myself lynched?

3. So to try and say you are going after him for playing differently doesn't make any sence. He is trying to get better not get stuck in a rut like some other players. Cough Radsih cough

4. Did you post he also refused to claim???  So many things wrong with that question. Your post said

"I agree with Prof. Moreno is very reluctant to say what is he until the last second and when he was the only 1 that haven't claim yet. He claimed right away. It seems fishy.
An observation. There were 2 guys that didn't want to tell what they are and these 2 guys are Moreno and

Linkz (although he was one of the first guy to claim).
FoS:

Moreno for now."

First thing. He didn't refuse he hesitated. You at least had that right before.

5. Second. You make an observation and and call it fishy. I ask you why you didn't do more than calling it fishy. You respond saying didn't you also make the observation. I am asking you why do you think it is fishy?

third you didn't answer the question by saying why you left it at that.

6. We are playing MAFIA. Portal is just the theme you don't need to know portal to play mafia. It didn't take playing portal to say something is fishy it sure doesn't require that to say why and it certainly doesn't require it to participate more.

Why do I have to keep repeating myself? >_>

1. He was posting less. He even admitted it. That's not his usual posting style when he is playing the previous round so it's not just a story but a fact and FYI I am not talking about who's quiet and who's lurking. I noticed something different about spurge that I need the feel to be posted. Again an observation I had on Spurge.

2. To answer your rhetorical question. I remember him surviving in his first play in the later rounds. On his second play he survived the whole game but on his third play he was lynch early because of his bad play.

1st question: In the last mafia round. IMO yes he played badly due to lying and it costs him along with stefl but he played decently in his 1st and 2nd mafia rounds with his posting stlye.

2nd question: IDK ask him.

3rd question: I don't understand. Do you mean him or you? If it's spurge. Ask him. Of course if he is a mafia/scum of course he doesn't want to be lynch. Why are you even asking me this questions (2nd & 3rd)???? I don't really understand.

3. What's so bad about it and why doesn't that make any sense? I mean, That could mean a lot of things. He could be a scum because he is being cautious by not posting a lot. It could also means he could be adapting to his roles so it's worth a shot to point it out right? Since it's day 1 and all of you are potential scums to me and starting with spurge because I noticed something different in him.

What made you so sure that he is playing differently for the sake of being better? Did he tell you? 

Anyway, to wraps this up because I don't want to keep repeating what I said.

I noticed something different about spurge. He was posting less. I feel that I need to point it out and see how will he respond. If he replied great if not then it's ok as well but since he did respond. I think he became over defensive and creating a drama "that I always sees him everytime we play mafiascum"(which you keep on ignoring). Which isn't the case. I mean, It's not about the question he made that I think he is over reacting but the context of it. He is creating a drama which he could just answered on the reason why right?  He even avoided it and I felt he changed the topic.

IDK why but the answer in your question on why I focused on spurge is already there right under your nose. IDK if you are doing it purposely or you just can't see it. He seems different. I mean, you can see him everywhere not just here but on the other VGC forum aswell and that's not how he played in the previous round. You also focused too much on "he is awfully quiet". I used it as a idiomatic expression. He is posting but there was something different about him.

To put it shorthly he is playing differently at that time so ofcourse I am focusing in spurge. MG usually lurks. FF isn't that ON that much and has habit of lurking as well IMO.

4. Sorry I mixed those two words. 

5. He hesitated I found it fishy. Didn't I explained it already with that post?  TBH I don't know what you are even trying look for me. Are looking for something more? If that's the case then I can't help you. Hesitating and claiming in the last second are fishy to me. You are making things a lot more complicated. 

6. Sigh. I know a lot about this unamed human beings./S. I don't even have a slightest clue on what they are talking about. I choose to observe the situation with moreno. Sometimes it's good to observe  rather than posting something for the sake of posting when I don't anything substantial to post ATM. IMO

Wonktonodi said:
Linkzmax said:
Wonktonodi said:

Linkzmax said:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4444745 This is pointing out a difference in comprehension.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4444760 This is defending a contradiction. You made up a reason for spurge.

What is the contradiction I am defending? You didn't comprehend the logic in what he posted. I gave you the logic that explained how I comprehended his post differently.

" That Was a pretty scummy thing to do Prof. What if the guy got freaked out by what you said and ended up saying something stupid and get even more attention on him? Assuming he is town, you would have sabotaged a town player by your trickery. Or do you think that is just how it goes? "

First sentence is obvious. The implication of the second is obvious, though given radish's alignment was unknown it's altogether meaningless. Third, if your comprehension is assumed, means town wouldn't want to sabotage town, thus prof is scum. Fourth then makes it a less strong accusation, so it must be directed at a possible town prof. However, town prof wouldn't know radish is town thus the rest of the post falls apart.

It really only made sense if it's a manipulative post directed at a town prof. And then spurge says he's already learned that prof is willing to give up a fellow townie...

the 4th sentence starts with Or as in bringing up a new possibility or answering the question for prof.

"You are really cool. I had a great time last night.  Do you want to do x, y and z with me? or do you not want to see me again?"

That's not an OR for are you mafia or town.

That's an OR of, "you would've made a mistake, OR, is it an acceptable loss".
Nothing in his post came off as me being mafia. It's the opposite.

There's also no FoS, no HoS, no vote, no indication that he's suspecting me. The entire post comes of as me being a liability to town by being reckless.

Around the Network
Stefl1504 said:

I think linkz did.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4440484

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4441261

spurgeonryan said:

@ NoCtis

Are we still talking about our early encounter in this game? It was nothing more than what I just said to Stefl. Something sparked my memory so I mentioned it. Whether it was correct or not as I said before, that is what I got from it so I put it down before I forgot. Since then I have attemped to forget about past games and live in the moment with this game as some suggested. For you to keep bringing it up must mean something. I just do not know what at the moment. What are the disadvantages of me thinking you are town? Like I said it is just something that sparked my memory. Other than that I like most people here have no idea who you are. But nothing can get done if questions and conversations are not started.

Also I just noticed that Baalzamon is not in this game.

Why so defensive again? Stefl was just asking a question if linkz have suspected you. I just answered him with those links or are talking about my long post? I am just answering wonk with his awesome questions.

spurgeonryan said:
I am not being defensive. Just explaining my self. If anything sounds defensive it was me asking you the questions which you just answered. As for my stefl comments I am wondering how my questioning is different than others. I would say the only difference is that I do not have a huge list of quotes and links.

Sorry, I made a confusion I thought he was talking about you about the suspecting thingy. That qoute was from you. Again sorry.

What are the disadvantages of me thinking you are town? Like I said it is just something that sparked my memory.

I'll answer this one again which I answered before. When you told me that I am a townie when I haven't post enough words that indicated which alignment I am is suspicious. What made you that assumption that I am a townie when I haven't posted enough that leds me to think you are mafia because only the mafias knows who are the townies are.

NoCtiS_NoX said:
Stefl1504 said:

I think linkz did.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4440484

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4441261

Ignore this post. I made a mistake. I got confused.

Linkzmax said:
Final-Fan said:
On the other hand, prof seemed to claim that moreno's unnamed test subject claim is bogus, which is odd since moreno would have to be crazy to claim all humans are unnamed if his own character was not an unnamed human, especially if he was mafia. It would get too much negative attention if he guessed wrong and I don't even see the benefit to making that kind of claim about other people's characters if he didn't believe it. So although I'm suspicious of moreno, I am inclined to believe his character claim. (Oh, looks like people agree with me.) 

I fail to see how "Homeless Test Subject" makes him town even if it is true. That's where I disagree with radish/Wonk. Still lean desperate fakeclaim that he was forced into based on the OP though.

It doesn't, of course; it just means I think (unlike you apparently) that it's NOT further ammunition against him. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom!