By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Jeremy Lin! Finally! American Asian in the NBA! What say you?

I like it cause I am American Asian.

He is Smart.  No writings on his body, no fancy hair, so far so humble. 

Around the Network

Like you said, so far

He's great.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

I've been a big basketball fan my whole life, and yes he's playing great right now, but do I think he can keep these numbers up? No. He has momentum on his side right now, but he's always putting up big turn over numbers per game as well. Once the confidence fades away so will the streak.

I was walking down along the street and I heard this voice saying, "Good evening, Mr. Dowd." Well, I turned around and here was this big six-foot rabbit leaning up against a lamp-post. Well, I thought nothing of that because when you've lived in a town as long as I've lived in this one, you get used to the fact that everybody knows your name.

That picture is pretty objectionable. I reported you in case you offended yourself.

And I don't give a fuck about basketball, but Lin seems like a good kid.

That picture is amazing haha. As for my opinion of him, has a good start going and hope he continues to do well although I hate the Knicks haha. But my excitement for it will never be too happy due to my scathing opinions on basketball in general.

Around the Network

NBA is more exciting cause of him, but to see him as some kind of Martin Luther King Jr. is weird.
Yes, some are making fun of Asians, but that's just the way it's gonna be for having American Asian in the NBA. Who knew? Black president and now Asian baller.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-plaschke-jeremy-lin-20120221,0,3935667.column
There was finally push-back last weekend at ESPN, which fired one employee and suspended another for separately describing the Knicks' first loss with Lin as a starter as a "Chink in the armor."

I think people care more about him being asian/asian american rather than his actual skills which from what i have heard, pay the bills.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian