By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony New Year's Problems & Resolutions!

If Sony did those things, I would have very little to complain about.

The problem lies in the fact that I doubt Sony will do even one of those things in this calendar year, excepting PSN cards (which I couldn't care less about).

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network

1. This will happen. Sony is going to make PSN their Brand wide DL service, as Sir Howard Stringer has mentioned multiple times over the last year. If they want it to be successful they have to allow kids that want to put music on thier PSP the opertunity to do it.

2. I see no reason for Sony to do this. If people want rumble they can go get a new DS3. The most important thing they need to do controller wise is get the DS3 in the box to replace the Sixaxis.

3. I have no doubt this will have to happen. Thier is way to much money to be made buy doing this to pass it up. Plus Sony will use a Cell based GPU in the next Playstation, and unless some kind of wacky shit happens they will have a nVidia GPU in the next Playstation as well. So they might as well get an emulator made now, firstly cause it will take no future effort once the PS4 is out as it will run the same code, and secondly it would be pretty rediclous if the PS4 could play PS1, PS3, and PS4 titles, but not PS2.

4. This is going to happen. As mentioned earlyer Sony is looking to make PSN a brand wide service. Stringer is a very smart man and probably the smartest ever to be behind the reins at Sony. He has mentioned multiple times over the past few months that Sony has been much to casious in the past and it needs to come to a stop. Sony can not be late to the game again, they were late with digital music, and they were late with LCD. Stringer of course wants to see Blu-ray cleaning house in the movie buisness, but he is wise enough to know that DL's are the way of the future. PS3 has given Sony the ability to own the physical medium with Blu-ray, and own the digital medium after that buy converting people as it becomes convenent to DL. This is really a win, win situation for Sony.

5. This is one I am really hoping for but do not feel to positive about seeing this year. It will inevadably show up on PS3, as that is the way many broadband/Cable Companies are headed, but it is questinable win it will arive. My guess is we wont see it tell early 2009, but I would love to see it this year.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Mars said:

Get a credit card kid, or ask daddy.
Trade in keep dreaming, no one forced you to buy itd your choice now live with it.
Most dont care, whatever.
Um thats coming, also part of home.
They will.

Pretty pointless list, its sad what passes for "journalism" these days. They could not comeup with anything better.

There are countries in the world that have so called "EC" cards (actually nearly whole europe). You can get your money on the ATM, You can pay with it in shops, and yet it is NOT a cretid card. I would say,you should  grow up because you may not be a kid, but you are acting like one. Look in the rest of the world, whats existing?

Yes I am 20 but I don't have a cedit card... I can pay almost anywhere with my bank card, or else get cash out with it, but it doesn't work for Wii points so I have to buy a card from a shop.

Also in regards to BC, someone said "buy a better model", what exactly do Europeans [and now Japanese] do when they want BC, after all we do not have the option.

I'm sure this answer won't be popular: Sony needs to stop listening to its fans. Just tune them out, and start figuring out why the people who aren't fans are staying away.

I believe Sony's fans are leading them down an increasingly niche road. It's very much like MMORPGs before WoW -- the "hardcore" fans succesfully kept all MMOs as niche products, by constantly insisting the game stay "hardcore" and not cater to the larger crowd.

In short, the people who post in internet forums explaining what they want are precisely the sort of people that Sony needs to stop listening to.  

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Around the Network

I suggested a trade-up program for the Dualshock 3 several months ago and was laughed out of the thread. I see this time around it's no different.

IN game xmb is needed as well.

2008 end of year predictions:

PS3: 22M

360: 25M

wii: 40M

finalsquall said:
I'm don't want to trade my sixaxis for rumble. I'm just gunna buy two rumble ones and have four controllers. My best friends and I will get rumble, everyone else will get the shit ones :D

Hehe. Not a bad idea...

Entroper said:
I suggested a trade-up program for the Dualshock 3 several months ago and was laughed out of the thread. I see this time around it's no different.

Same here. If Nintendo or MS planned on releasing new upgraded controllers, yet continued to sell the old ones for many months, Sony fanboys would be crying foul.

Bodhesatva said:

I'm sure this answer won't be popular: Sony needs to stop listening to its fans. Just tune them out, and start figuring out why the people who aren't fans are staying away.

I believe Sony's fans are leading them down an increasingly niche road. It's very much like MMORPGs before WoW -- the "hardcore" fans succesfully kept all MMOs as niche products, by constantly insisting the game stay "hardcore" and not cater to the larger crowd.

In short, the people who post in internet forums explaining what they want are precisely the sort of people that Sony needs to stop listening to.  

Another thing to consider ...

I have been predicting (for many months) that we were heading for a major worldwide ecconomic slowdown that was going to begin in Q4 of 2007 and continue through 2009; I was (by no means) not alone but most analysts are only starting to see things my way now.

Videogames (in general) tend to perform really well durring slow ecconomic periods because they represent inexpensive entertainment; at the same time luxury items (like HDTVs and Blu-Ray players) tend to see slower sales due to lower consumer confidence and the tendancy for people to save more money durring these slowdowns. Sony has positioned the PS3 in the market more as a luxury electronics item than an inexpensive videogame machine and this could cause Sony some serious problems; Sony needs to find a way to thrive in a market which may be hostile to the PS3.