By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Xbbjf9s said:
NintendoPie said:
New site is being built... If you didn't know that already.

Yeah  i noticed that....not bad, that forum buddy this is kinda annoying though. Anyway to get rid of it?

I don't think so. Once you get used to it though it'll fade out of existence. Also the gamrFeed button was taken away.

Around the Network

Hey, I'll debrief you from my life at VGChartz. How long have you been gone for?

Well, here I go. The community is solidifying in general, Seece and yo_john117 are running an awesome VGChartz Greatest User Tournament (go vote!), Seb Parker's new gap chartz articles which are a great read, Jacob Mazel's japan preview continues strong, and lately there was a wave of investors meetings articles in the year end/ Q3 end (depending on the company's year end).

Right now news is slow but the community is busy staying social and having fun. As for sales, William D'Angelo's weekly analysis shows that home consoles are down YoY, Vita is having a rough start, but just launched in the west so we're keeping an eye on that. The 3DS met it's 15Million sales target for the year thanks to price drop and big games (Mario Kart 7, Super Mario 3D Land, Monster Hunter 3G)

There was an incident with the David Jaffe rant (a new case of angry complaints over reviews, some understandable) but that ended well.

Lots of threads are supporting active participation like the mafia threads, the Mario Kart tourney thread, I'm hosting a video game stocks investment league, Prof brought back out his golden saucer. And there was a roast lately, but that was ended quickly. Spurge is learning to spam less, but also hosts an awesome Nintendo thread. M.U.G.E.N's Vita thread still runs smooth. I'm also hosting the new VGStockz thread and my good old Caption This! series. Yo_john117's funny pictures thread continues to please :D.

You can also get connected for your Vita or 3DS in the community threads.

All in all the site is going really well. We also have lots of excellent new posters, so it's goin' really good.

happydolphin said:

Hey, I'll debrief you from my life at VGChartz. How long have you been gone for?

Well, here I go. The community solidifying in general, an awesome VGChartz Greatest User Tournament (go vote!), Seb Parker's new gap chartz articles which are a great read, TheSource's japan preview continues strong, and lately there was a wave of investors meetings articles in the year end/ Q3 end (depending on the company's year end).

Right now news is slow but the community is busy staying social and having fun. As for sales, William D'Angelo's weekly analysis shows that home consoles are down YoY, Vita is having a rough start, but just launched in the west so we're keeping an eye on that. The 3DS met it's 15Million sales target for the year thanks to price drop and big games (Mario Kart 7, Super Mario 3D Land, Monster Hunter 3G)

There was an incident with the David Jaffe rant (a new case of angry complaints over reviews) but that ended well.

Lots of threads are supporting active participation like the mafia threads, the Mario Kart tourney thread, I'm hosting a video game stocks investment league, Prof brought back out his golden saucer. And there was a roast lately, but that was ended quickly. Spurge is learning to spam less, but also hosts an awesome Nintendo thread. M.U.G.E.N's Vita thread still runs smooth. I'm also hosting the new VGStockz thread and my good old Caption This! series. Yo_john117's funny pictures thread continues to please :D.

All in all the site is going really well. We also have lots of excellent new posters, so it's goin' really good.

Before Uncharted 3 released lol.

Bolded-Get Vita friends? Thanks for the info.

NintendoPie said:
Xbbjf9s said:
NintendoPie said:
New site is being built... If you didn't know that already.

Yeah  i noticed that....not bad, that forum buddy this is kinda annoying though. Anyway to get rid of it?

I don't think so. Once you get used to it though it'll fade out of existence. Also the gamrFeed button was taken away.

Oh yeah, it is gone! Hope they make an app for this site...would help me keep up with everything.

;) Haha. Hey, it's a pleasure. Welcome back :)

Around the Network

Also Ryan got banned again and the DB Admins are recommending to not do any DB work as of right now.

axumblade said:
Xbbjf9s said:
happydolphin said:

Well, here I go. The community solidifying in general, an awesome VGChartz Greatest User Tournament (go vote!), Seb Parker's new gap chartz articles which are a great read, TheSource's japan preview continues strong, and lately there was a wave of investors meetings articles in the year end/ Q3 end (depending on the company's year end).

There was an incident with the David Jaffe rant (a new case of angry complaints over reviews) but that ended well.

Before Uncharted 3 released lol.

Bolded-Get Vita friends? Thanks for the info.

Have you been playing Uncharted 3 online this whole time? :P

I was until FF13-2 came out lol. 

Hey axumblade- do you know if there are any plans for a VGC app?

It's still in progress, but you can take a look at this. Tomorrow it should be much better formatted I'm struggling with the html.
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=140254&page=1

banns, spamming, users leaving, users coming back for short periods of time, or showing up every now and then, i still can't stand this place, but i can't stay away either(it's a curse), Vita is doomed, 3DS is still doomed, Vita has the second largest launch list of all times, and a bunch of mixed reviews for the games.

(part 2) MS shipped more and Sony sold more but MS shipped more so they won arguments continue(that was at the beginning of this wk in a thread that spans time and space just like the Vita thread), i wanted to kill a happy dolphin(still do), the Vita thread continues to gain more content, and that's why i haven't grouped the content in one post like i said i would, request for permabanns, allot of great threads have been made right along with bad ones, questionable moderation(hey it happens so get over it), lustful moderations(if you done it, own up to it, it's your fault).

(part 3) allot of threads still have a lack of content when made, me asking for journalistic integrity from the users in a loosing effort(when you make a thread take it seriously), i still hate politics, me and Seece just don't gel (his words not mine, but again it's nice to know) me making some rant about the site on ryans wall(i also ranted on his wall when i came back in Jan. yea you an't the only one that left bud.), we've had allot of slow days, and the console wars raged on!

yea lots of things have happened over the past few months you've been gone. mainly the usual BS/stuff. i missed you lol. no really i did.