By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Official 2008 Game Predictions Thread

Additions to the 360 line-up include Ninja Gaiden 2, Banjo-Kazooie 3 and Lost Odyssey. Then you also have Perfect Dark 2? and Cry On?

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network
ssj12 said:
my console predictions for sales and end of 2008 console sales (you can quote me on these)

Wii: 22 million sales | 42 million End of 2008

PS3: 19 million sales | 28 million End of 2008

360: 12 million sales | 27 million End of 2008

Hey look everybody, ssj12's younger sibling just hijacked the keyboard.  I know that it was his younger sibling because I'm fully aware that no mod on this forum is silly enough to actually believe that hobwash.

On a serious note ssj12 think about what your saying.  FFXIII probably wont make 2008 in any territory let alone the West, GT5 will come late in the year if at all, MGS and Tekken don't move consoles like they used to and we are starting to hear that Killzone 2 isn't the godsend Sony said it would be.  Along with this, the PS3 is still up too two years away from mass market pricing, and here you are claiming it will have a three-fold increase on it's sales from last year, selling just barely behind the Wii, which almost doubled the PS3's JAnuary sales EVEN THOUGH IT IS SUPPLY CONSTRAINED!!!!  And on top of all this, you think the PS3 will outsell the Xbox 360 by seven million in what is meant to be it's peak year.  Good luck to you sir! 

Another top title could be an Xbox Live Goldeneye

And for that matter an Xbox Live Perfect Dark, though to be honest I question the ability of virtual console, PSN and PS Store and XBL and XBLA to sell systems.

monster hunter, FF CC and animal crossing should be added to the wii list. definate multi-million sellers.

Around the Network
--OkeyDokey-- said:
monster hunter, FF CC and animal crossing should be added to the wii list. definate multi-million sellers.

Isn't FF CC a Wiiware title?  Once again I don't think these online-distribution titles will sell systems.

starcraft said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:

Isn't FF CC a Wiiware title?  Once again I don't think these online-distribution titles will sell systems.

There're two FF:CC games for the Wii, one is Wiiware, the other .. a normal game, but not too many people remember this since S-E hasn't show anything from the game since that trailler last year, and they have show plenty of screenshots and some info from the wiiware one (it even has its own web page).

-- Live only for tomorrow, and you will have a lot of empty yesterdays today--

Tavin:  "Old school megaman is THE BEST megaman"      courtesy of fkusumot :)

My mind has changed. My strength has not.    Kamahl, Fist of Krosa

starcraft said:
ssj12 said:
my console predictions for sales and end of 2008 console sales (you can quote me on these)

Wii: 22 million sales | 42 million End of 2008

PS3: 19 million sales | 28 million End of 2008

360: 12 million sales | 27 million End of 2008

Hey look everybody, ssj12's younger sibling just hijacked the keyboard. I know that it was his younger sibling because I'm fully aware that no mod on this forum is silly enough to actually believe that hobwash.

On a serious note ssj12 think about what your saying. FFXIII probably wont make 2008 in any territory let alone the West, GT5 will come late in the year if at all, MGS and Tekken don't move consoles like they used to and we are starting to hear that Killzone 2 isn't the godsend Sony said it would be. Along with this, the PS3 is still up too two years away from mass market pricing, and here you are claiming it will have a three-fold increase on it's sales from last year, selling just barely behind the Wii, which almost doubled the PS3's JAnuary sales EVEN THOUGH IT IS SUPPLY CONSTRAINED!!!! And on top of all this, you think the PS3 will outsell the Xbox 360 by seven million in what is meant to be it's peak year. Good luck to you sir!

Well you just put all the arguments in one post, good for you sir!

I agree:)

But keep in mind that the PS3 is a hub for all sorts of things it's not just a game console. People will be buying it for it's BlueRay player which will grow more popular in the future. 

Wii code:                                        Mario Kart wii:
6586-0674-1620-6955                        0344-9880-0252
PM me if you added me and I'll add you:)

Self-proclaimed, biggest Resident Evil Fanboy of VGChartz!

the top selling game of 2008 will be close but it will go to SSBB followed by GTAIV (combined) and then MK

Top 5 games via platform

Wii:

• Wii Fit
  • Super Smash Bros: Brawl
  • Mario Kart
  • Final Fantasy Chrystal Cronicles: The Chrystal Bearers *
  • Disaster: Day of Crysys *

* These games will (most likely) be replaced by a currently unannounced game, or by a game we know little about

PS3:

• Grand Theft Auto 4
  • Metal Gear Solid 4
  • Resistance 2
  • Final Fantasy XIII (if released)
  • Gran Turismo 5 (if released, prologue if not)

XBox 360:

• Grand Theft Auto 4
  • Madden 2009
  • Gears of War 2 (if released)
  • Splinter Cell: Conviction
  • Starwars: The force unleashed