By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Did the Xbox 360 indirectly damage the Final Fantasy brand?

Tagged games:

Can someone answer this for me: How many discs does FF13-2 have for the xbox?

Around the Network

FF XIII was in development for 4 years before it even was announced as a multiplat game. --> No.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

FF XIII was crap, people bought because of the hype and it was the first next gen FF.
We can see XIII-2 that it decrease in all 3 region especially Japan. X and X-2 had a much better attach rate than 13 and 13-2.
Your statement is only valid for 13-2 because they compromised the game by fitting it all in 1 dvd.
13 had 3 dvds, we can see xiii-2 was clearly made to accommodate the 360.

i agree. ff xiii was a game that was intended to feel like western game as a fps (the producer said this) so they wanted to create a western standards jrpg for 360 players although the recipe was a failure .Square-enix was dreaming a success as the CoD series in the west.they wanted this game to appeal to everyone and that 's something difficult

It will never be westernized with those characters. I personally have not issues but we hear it often even in this forum that people do not like the look of these characters.
I know its nitpicking but if you have to use a character you don't like for the whole game, people will not buy it.
All these wrpgs are space marines/ warriors much more traditional "MAN" characters.
This is my opinion.

Around the Network

Quickly googled how many discs FF13-2 takes for the xbox and it said 1. Wow I actually believe now Yes xbox ruined FF13-2 at least. No pre-rendered cut scenes is one and I was wodering why areas such as Gran Pulse weren't so grand as they were on 13.

No I really doubt that!

Wow, childish thread much! A console does not make a bad game, a developer makes a bad game. It really is simple as that. There may not be a thumbs up button on here but I'm sure people will most likely agree....

Liquiduval said:
Quickly googled how many discs FF13-2 takes for the xbox and it said 1. Wow I actually believe now Yes xbox ruined FF13-2 at least. No pre-rendered cut scenes is one and I was wodering why areas such as Gran Pulse weren't so grand as they were on 13.

Don't jump to a cause and effect like that.  Lets see, Final fantasy 13 was in production for what 6 years or something rediculous.  FF13-2 came out like  2  years after 13 did.  So 1/3 the time frame 1/3 the discs.

Why is that not the reason that ff13-2 is only on one disc?  why is it that it must be 360's fault?  Or how about SE not making money and needed to cut the costs of the big movies they put in games.

irstupid said:
Liquiduval said:

Don't jump to a cause and effect like that.  Lets see, Final fantasy 13 was in production for what 6 years or something rediculous.  FF13-2 came out like  2  years after 13 did.  So 1/3 the time frame 1/3 the discs.

Why is that not the reason that ff13-2 is only on one disc?  why is it that it must be 360's fault?  Or how about SE not making money and needed to cut the costs of the big movies they put in games.

Nothing to do with the movies. Rubbish.

Everything to do with the fact that it started development on the ps2, and they made the brilliant decision to scrap everything and redo it for ps3.

What they should have done is release it for ps2 and work on something new for ps3 instead.