By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - 2 new Heavy Rain pictures

HappySqurriel said:
sieanr said:
HappySqurriel said:
ssj12 said:
HappySqurriel said:

I could be wrong, but isn't this the game that had a few teaser videos with characters that looked like Zombies?

"Realistic" skin and eyes are only good if the animation is (amazingly) high quality; with the quantity of animation that is (typically) required for a game, and that even some of the best movie animation has issues, I would wait before I get hyped over a screenshot.

ummm idk what trailers you watched..

http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/811/811232/vid_1537283.html

That would be the video ...

If you don't see how creepy that is I don't know what to say

Recently the developer claimed that they have gotten out of the uncanny valley and that this trailer is no longer representative of their game. Who knows if they actually have.

I don't think the uncanny valey is that simple of a problem because we really started to deal with it in pre-rendered movies before Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within was released, and even today most pre-rendered 3D animation use characteratures (on some level) rather than more realistic images; if it was a simple problem we would have massive marketing campaigns which choose to use artificial avatars rather than actors because they can be custom built to perfectly match the campaign.

I agree. Part of the reason facial animations in Half Life 2 work so well is because they focused on what you expect an expression to look like instead of using an actor.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

Around the Network

Okay, so...does anyone know anything about how this game plays?

Anything at all?

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Just as the invention of photography reduced the importance of realism as an objective of art, precipitating impressionism, I expect there to be a backlash against realism in games in the coming years.

Ultimately, I think realism is boring. There's only one way to make something real, but an unlimited number of ways to make something fake. We've only begun to tap the potential of the effects, moods, and styles that graphics hardware can produce.

"Ho! Haha! Guard! Turn! Parry! Dodge! Spin! Ha! Thrust!" -- Daffy Duck

@sieanr: Concerning your signature: if one were to look at something, turn 360 degrees and then walk, one would be walking toward it, not walking away.

Edit: Or are you mocking someone else? You don't make it clear in your signature.

"Ho! Haha! Guard! Turn! Parry! Dodge! Spin! Ha! Thrust!" -- Daffy Duck
Non Sequor said:

@sieanr: Concerning your signature: if one were to look at something, turn 360 degrees and then walk, one would be walking toward it, not walking away.

Edit: Or are you mocking someone else? You don't make it clear in your signature.

If you notice, he has an Xbox symbol in his avatar, I'd say he's mocking someone else

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

Around the Network

the 360 degrees is an internet meme =P

Video Game Papercrafts

The only reason Sakurai allowed Snake is because he was already a clone

Wii Friend Code: 2854 9908 3926 2816

Can't wait to see if they've ironed out the lip syncing, that was the one thing I hated about the Heavy Rain teaser (except that maybe the girl's voice was a little weird... but oh well).

Those aren't pictures, they're real life. I'm calling shenanigans!

OT: OK the game looks good, will it be good?

What cracks me up is Nintendo and Sony have similiar situations, Nintendo with Sadness, Sony with Heavy Rain, games that didn't even seem like games promised from day one, still in development and seen practically nothing of each. Although Heavy Rain is being made by the makers of Indigo Prophecy(currently added to xb0x originals) and this game was supposedly a great game. I'm excited about this new one because they seem to be an interesting developer using adventure gaming with lots of interesting gameplay elements. This seems like it will continue that trend and hopefully be awesome next gen adventure game. Either way it seems it will have amazing graphics.

Exciting stuff. The devs are really keeping their lips sealed on this project.

Why were only two screenshots released? and why now?

My guess is that the devs primarily wanted to remind people that the game is still under production; (It's been so long since anyone has heard anything about the game, people may have begun to speculate that the project had been abandoned). And secondly, that the graphics have now progressed well beyond that of the 06' tech demo.