By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - David Jaffe responds to G4TV’s Twisted Metal review

Lostplanet22 said:

The problem is you.  Mario kart always has been an excellent franchise while Twisted metal always has been a broken franchise that got average reviewscores:

PS2 Twisted Metal: Black
Incognito Inc./SCEA, 2001
88.52%
57 Reviews
PS Twisted Metal 2
SingleTrac/SCEA, 1996
86.44%
8 Reviews
PS3 Twisted Metal
Eat Sleep Play/SCEA, 2012
80.70%
10 Reviews
PSP Twisted Metal: Head-On
Incognito Inc./SCEA, 2005
78.82%
51 Reviews
PS2 Twisted Metal: Black Online
Incognito Inc./SCEA, 2002
75.31%
30 Reviews
PS2 Twisted Metal: Head-On - Extra Twisted Edition
Eat Sleep Play/SCEA, 2008
73.56%
33 Reviews
PS Twisted Metal 4
989 Studios, 1999
68.04%
17 Reviews
PS Twisted Metal
SingleTrac/SCEA, 1995
66.88%
4 Reviews
PS Twisted Metal Small Brawl
Incognito Inc./SCEA, 2001
57.12%
16 Reviews
PC Twisted Metal 2
SingleTrac/Sony Interactive Studios America, 1997
49.50%
2 Reviews
PS Twisted Metal III
989 Studios, 1998
48.97%
12 Reviews

lol I checked the reviews site used... some unknown and out of business like Hot Games (1/5)? Eg. the fisrt TM scores:

EGM - 9.2/10
IGN - 7/10
Game Revolution - B+
Hot Games - 1/5? WTF

You need check better sources... the TM is a > 80 score game for sure.... the Twisted Metal: Black is even an AAA game (over 90 score).

Around the Network

Suddenly, Cliffy B's response about "haters" when he spoke of GEars of War 3 reviews doesn't seem so bad.

ethomaz said:
I agree with Jaffe... the final score doesn't matter... neither the reviewer opinion... but insult the gamers just because the they like TM... no way.

But to insult a reviewer just because he responds to the people insulting him is much better?

Jaffe has never backed down from speaking his mind, regardless of who he's insulting, yet jaffe isnults this reviewer because the reviewer speaks his mind to some internet trolls who have challenenged his score?

Strikes me as a little hypocritical.

TRios_Zen said:
ethomaz said:
I agree with Jaffe... the final score doesn't matter... neither the reviewer opinion... but insult the gamers just because the they like TM... no way.

But to insult a reviewer just because he responds to the people insulting him is much better?

Jaffe has never backed down from speaking his mind, regardless of who he's insulting, yet jaffe isnults this reviewer because the reviewer speaks his mind to some internet trolls who have challenenged his score?

Strikes me as a little hypocritical.

The reviewers insulted the gamers first... sorry but they was a professional... so he must be prepared to receive criticism and insults on the internet without respond in the same level.

It's like  a futebol player... the fans may want to insult them but it should not respond to that.

I disagree with Jaffe to come public and says that's things too but I agree with he the reviewer is a fuckung stupid guy.

Where did you get this reviews?

http://www.gamerankings.com/browse.html?search=twisted+metal&numrev=3&site=

Around the Network

It seems like the game didn't live up to his own personal expectations so he rated it badly. Even though it is still a good game.

without learning the details of the situation...

jaffe is hilarious, i love his devil may care attitude. him and cliffy B are my favorite personalities.

ethomaz said:

The reviewers insulted the gamers first... sorry but they was a professional... so he must be prepared to receive criticism and insults on the internet without respond in the same level.

It's like  a futebol player... the fans may want to insult them but it should not respond to that.

I disagree with Jaffe to come public and says that's things too but I agree with he the reviewer is a fuckung stupid guy.

You have things a little mixed up I think: the reviewer in question (his name is Jason) wrote a Twisted Metal review and gave it a 3/5.  Comments to his review, challenge his review and insult his integrity.  What you read above IS his response to those comments, NOT the review itself.  So, no he did not insult gamers first.

Regardless, I agree that he is a professional and should rise above, however since Jaffe would do the exact same damn thing, and has never shied from using his acerbic wit to insult people, I find it fairly hypocritical of him to call this guy out.  I also think that by calling him out, he is acting in a way that is no better than the action he is supposedly offended by.

coolbeans said:

It's a simple tactic any fanboy uses: Hover over sites that give your beloved franchise a bad review score, try to find any "cracks in the foundation" of either the review or reviewer, and exploit them to meet your own ends.

I personally understand the reviewer's rage. These kind of trollbots are a pest of the internet. I would be happy if they were done away with. Same as the retards in the futeball stands that say shit to players.

Getalife

d21lewis said:
Panama said:
He's right.

I still remember an issue of Gameinformer that replied to a reader message that was genuinely asking why CoD gets good scores each year despite barely changing, yet Sonic Generations got slammed by them, and all he replied with was that IT WAS A BAD GAME AND THROW YOUR MONEY AT SEGA THEYLL LIKE IT, something extremely childish like that. How people like this are in the industry is beyond me.

I think that reader said something like, "You gave Sonic Generations a bad score but I'm going to buy it, anyway.  Your plan to make me not buy the game didn't work."  There response was, "If you want to give Sega money for a bad game, go ahead.  I'm sure they'll like it." or something like that.  Yeah, GI is pretty sarcastic in a lot of their replies but even then, they tend to do it in a way that explains their point of view.  Don't have the issue in front of me but I remember exactly what you're talking about.

You're right, you just reminded me of the exact issue. There were two reader messages in regards to SG. GI replied to the poorly written one which was quite obviously written by a child or a fanboy and GI replied sarcastically and hopped up on their pedastal while ignoring the more elaborate of the two questions. That in itself shows poor journalistic integrity.