By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Abu Dhabi - FORMULA 1 2015

Player2 said:

McLaren got Sergio Perez and Telmex has been supporting his career for a long time. I expect Telmex (or Telcel, or any other company owned by Carlos Slim) to sponsor McLaren when Vodafone leaves. If that happens money won't be an issue. However lack of talented engineers and a good engine can. We've seen lots of teams with tons of $$$ doing nothing.

I say engine because in 2014 the rules that ban engine evolution will be gone. I won't be surprised if teams that get their engines from manufacturers that have their own team end up getting worse engines or evolutions later.

Also Mercedes true target is to win the championship in 2014 with their own team, taking advantage of the rule changes (so 2013 is too early for them). Combine this with Ferrari still having one and a half drivers and you know where my Red Bull winning the constructors championship this year prediction comes from.

Except for Carlos Slim not supporting McLaren due to Sergio Perez unexpectedly leaving the team (however he is sponsoring Sergio Perez's new team with Claro), everything seems to go as expected so far.

Not bad for something I said one year ago.

Around the Network

Here we go again. Seems like the Mercedes and one of the Williams or McLaren boys to fill the top three all things going to plan. I think there is talk of rain so that can throw up a spanner.

However my selection subject to change is:

1 Alonso
2 Hamilton
3 Rosburg
DNF ( this should be easy ) both Lotus cars.

I didn't read the front page so I hope the rules are the same.

justinian said:
Here we go again. Seems like the Mercedes and one of the Williams or McLaren boys to fill the top three all things going to plan. I think there is talk of rain so that can throw up a spanner.

However my selection subject to change is:

1 Alonso
2 Hamilton
3 Rosburg
DNF ( this should be easy ) both Lotus cars.

I didn't read the front page so I hope the rules are the same.

Australia Zuv  Proc  Bren Just Cone Hax Jonop Rain Angel Iron
 1st

Alonso Hamilton

Hamilton Rosberg
 2nd  

Hamilton Massa

Rosberg Hamilton
 3rd  

Rosberg Rosberg

Button Perez
 Retiree

Grosjean

Maldonado Vettel
 Score                

yes same rules,who do you want grosjean or maldonado

yep mercs looking good but i'd say anyones "power unit" could break down by hte looks of things be interesting to see the lap times compared to last year to see if they will be pushing it to the max or not or just want to get in the points and finish,qualy will be fun as we will see who can push it hard

Above & Beyond

mind said:
http://www.f1manager.info/

Interesting browser manager game, take a look. Starts on Saturday, so don't hesitate.

i had a look at this game and it looks fun too,

so give it a go anyone that wants to join it,it is more like a football fantasy game with a budget,only takes a few mins to join and set up so if anyone fancies it,you have to choose 2 drivers ,an engine and a chassis

you have a budget so cannot choose all the best,obviously,      you also choose a pole time

anyway P3 coming up now

Above & Beyond

So, Mercs fast again with Rosberg seemingly better able to handle the change in car handling this FP session. Feel sorry for Bottas for his gearbox problems, he's got a lot of potential. Lotus looks like a burn this weekend, doubt Romain or Maldonado will be able to keep their cool.

Prelim prediction:

Australia Zuv  Proc  Bren Just Cone Hax Jonop Rain Angel Iron
 1st
Rosberg

Alonso Hamilton

Hamilton Rosberg
 2nd   Alonso

Hamilton Massa

Rosberg Hamilton
 3rd   Button

Rosberg Rosberg

Button Perez
 Retiree
Maldonado

Grosjean

Maldonado Vettel
 Score    9000+            

Around the Network

1. Hamilton
2. Rosberg
3. Vettel

DNF - Both Lotus drivers

OMG Qualifying is hilarious, Vettel, Button and Raikonen out in Q2 O_O
Cant see the weather being much better tomorrow either.

AUSSIE! AUSSIE! AUSSIE!

Vettel will be drinking himself to sleep tonight, Riccardio totally showed him today! Amazing to see 3 world champions outside the top 10 like this, kinda awesome too. Good job by Lewis and Rosberg aswell.

Will revise my prediction in a little bit.

Very interesting qualifying.

I'll ammend my prediction to;

Hamilton
Rosberg
Magnussen

May DNF stays the same