By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Abu Dhabi - FORMULA 1 2015

My heart literally broke for Hamilton when his tire blew

Around the Network
zuvuyeay said:
great fun race,welll done nico and good all round for the championship with vettel retiring

crazy rear tyre explodings,don't know why they needed the safety car,kind of ruins it for me ,can't they just yellow flag around the stopped car,waste of racing laps

they needed the SC cause otherwise the tyre debris could have damaged the other tyres and caused more of the same incidents.

Pirelli have to go now, that was just dangerous today nothing else can be said of it, there was some good racing but it would be better for everyone it the tyres didn't do that at all.

Angelus said:

was really unlucky but damn did he pull it back or what

ktay95 said:
Angelus said:

was really unlucky but damn did he pull it back or what

Yes he did.

In fact, the whole 7 laps or what at the end is what racing should be about. The fastest drivers going petal to the metal, holding nothing back. Not all this tire babysitting bullshit.

Pirelli can take their shit tires and go to hell

DyspraxicGamer said:
zuvuyeay said:
great fun race,welll done nico and good all round for the championship with vettel retiring

crazy rear tyre explodings,don't know why they needed the safety car,kind of ruins it for me ,can't they just yellow flag around the stopped car,waste of racing laps

they needed the SC cause otherwise the tyre debris could have damaged the other tyres and caused more of the same incidents.

Pirelli have to go now, that was just dangerous today nothing else can be said of it, there was some good racing but it would be better for everyone it the tyres didn't do that at all.

the second one is more annoying as it is near the end  with race getting good and they should be able to get rid of the car quicker but they always will be safety first,i guess it got the field back together so it has ups and downs

on pirelli some say they don't get a chance to improve the tyres with how the cars improve over the season which i guess could be a point as in they don't test them or anything,also a dangerous curb was pointed out too but some say they shouldn't be cutting those curbs anyway

good race though,enjoyed it

Above & Beyond

Around the Network

Very entertaining race. Some great driving and tyre Russian roulette. I was furious when Hamilton's tyre blew, it's just typical. More people followed and he pulled it back in the end, so maybe he luck isn't that bad.

Surprised at how well my prediction turned out with such an unpredictable race. Although the only time I don't choose Vettel as my DNF and his gearbox fails, shit. I've always chosen him as he was long overdue.

I can't believe I never posted in this thread! Anyway... crazy stuff today. Russian Roulette's an accurate description for the tyre situation right now. What the hell?

Happy for Rosberg, he's a great driver (on par with his teammate) but damn Hamilton deserved to win this! My guess for the race was 1. Hamilton 2. Vettel 3. Rosberg and if it wasn't for the tyres and Vettel's gearbox I would've been spot on.

In the grand scheme of things Vettel is more than ever on the way to his fourth world championship. It's currently Red Bull > Mercedes > Ferrari > Lotus. Lotus is just bad when it comes to strategy and their budget is limited (which is going to show after the summer break) and Ferrari just can't keep up with Red Bull's pace - they're actually behind Mercedes right now. Alonso drove like a god last year (I'm not a fan but it's the truth) but this year his performance is more down to earth - not weaker than Vettel, Kimi, or Hamilton but "merely" on par. Mercedes could be a contender next year but they are still too inconsistent and their exclusion from the Young Drivers test will hurt them to some extend.

yep well done bren you and hax are the only ones who got a prediction correct with webber for second

to uncle scrooge i think the mercs will be contenders going forward now,very strong team as they were talking to brawn who was mentioning the investment they put in is paying off (and obviously they are Mercedes),looks like mercs,red bull and ferrari for WC's now but there are a few changes next year i think whatever they are, so who knows what effect that might have

Above & Beyond

Hey don't forget me! I got Perez for DNF lol
Right at the end too

Angelus said:
Hey don't forget me! I got Perez for DNF lol
Right at the end too

thats true i did notice,shame on me i didn't mention it :),a worthy 10 points

Above & Beyond