By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Abu Dhabi - FORMULA 1 2015

I am shocked, mercedes tyres held out. I totally got that one wrong.

Oh well I suppose a third place and good old reliable Grosjean have given me some points.

Well done Mercedes. Grosjean and Perez got it wrong but I believe Perez was more an agressive racing incident instead of stupidity like Grosjean's.

Some might call Perez agressive but so were many of the greats and as long as he doesn't doesn't take risk in high speed situations but in slow corners the risk of causing harm is reduced. As Prost said there is nothing wrong with taking a chance but you need to be intelligent to know where to take it without killing yourself or anyone else but I suppose those words were more suitable to their golden (1980s) than now.

Around the Network
justinian said:

I am shocked, mercedes tyres held out. I totally got that one wrong.

Oh well I suppose a third place and good old reliable Grosjean have given me some points.

Well done Mercedes. Grosjean and Perez got it wrong but I believe Perez was more an agressive racing incident instead of stupidity like Grosjean's.

Some might call Perez agressive but so were many of the greats and as long as he doesn't doesn't take risk in high speed situations but in slow corners the risk of causing harm is reduced. As Prost said there is nothing wrong with taking a chance but you need to be intelligent to know where to take it without killing yourself or anyone else but I suppose those words were more suitable to their golden (1980s) than now.

Very much agree with this, Perez will mature and realise exactly what's right and wrong. Didn't everyone think Massa was reckless when he first started? 

But it is certainly a balance of taking risks and being conservative.

Lotus’s Romain Grosjean has been given a 10-place grid penalty to be served at the next race in Canada following his clash with Toro Rosso’s Daniel Ricciardo in Sunday’s race in Monaco.

The French driver ran into the back of Ricciardo's car on the approach to the chicane on lap 62 while the duo battled over 13th place.

Ricciardo retired immediately with damage, whilst Grosjean limped on for a lap before parking his Lotus.

Grosjean's team mate Kimi Raikkonen was also called before the stewards following the race after he was deemed to have exceeded the prescribed maximum speed during a safety car period.

The Finn received a reprimand for the incident meaning that he keeps the single point he
earned for finishing tenth.

Awful race. Nobody really pushed at all and stood stuck behing the Mercs. Hell the Caterhams did most of the purple laps and that simply isn't racing.

Also, Perez is a moron. Just because other drivers are sensible enough to know they have something to lose isn't a free pass for him to just ram out and expect everyone to yield.

Stewards refer Mercedes tyre test protest to FIA:

Monaco Grand Prix stewards are to write a report to the FIA regarding Mercedes’ recent Pirelli tyre test.

It follows Sunday’s protest from Red Bull and Ferrari questioning the legality of running such a test with a 2013 car under current Formula One regulations.

The sport’s governing body may then bring the matter before the International Tribunal.

Although F1 regulations prohibit in-season testing by teams, Pirelli’s contract with the FIA as the sport’s official tyre supplier allows them to carry out up to 1000 kilometres of development testing with any team, provided every team is offered the opportunity.

In a statement issued to the media following the stewards’ decision, the FIA said it had responded positively to an initial enquiry from Pirelli regarding the possibility of such a test with Mercedes’ current car, as long as the test was
conducted by Pirelli and not Mercedes, and as long as all other teams were given the same opportunity.

However, the FIA said it had received no subsequent confirmation from Pirelli or Mercedes that the test - carried out in Barcelona in the week following the Spanish Grand Prix - was going ahead, or that other teams had been given the chance to take part.

Neither Pirelli nor Mercedes have released any official comment on the matter following the stewards' decision.

Around the Network

So overall it was a pretty good race for me, but quite dull for the first half at least. Good racing from Sutil and Perez, though the latter was certainly on the edge. And after a fair few calm races, Grosjean really lost it this weekend.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

what so the paper work got lost in the post from mercedes/pirelli to bernie,is that how we see it

Above & Beyond

Championship POINTS WINS PLACE RETIREE GP
Justinian 165 3 1
Jonop 150 2 1
Proclus 140 2

Zuvuyeay 135 1 1 1 6
Conegamer 115
Rainbow yoshi 95
2   5
Brendude13 90 1 1 1 6
Haxxiy 85 1 1   6
Angelus 80 1 1   2
Canada Zuv  Proc  Bren Just Cone Hax Jonop Rain Angel
 1st

2nd  

3rd  

Retiree

Score                  

well done proclus winning again with a full house,some good scoring all round,everyone has the chance to score big and just is still leading the way,6 grand prix gone now and canada next which is usually pretty fun too,5/7pm time over here for uk

some piccys

Above & Beyond

it says williams are going with mercedes next season but i guess renault engines aren't bad either seeing what lotus do so maybe it won't make a difference

i thought the mercs would be slowly going on their own not signing new deals,i guess it is good cash though

Above & Beyond

Canada placeholder:

1 - Alonso
2 - Massa
3 - Hamilton

DNF - Maldonado