By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Abu Dhabi - FORMULA 1 2015

Angelus said:
True ^^

But don't forget that Alonso had a much weaker car at this point last year than he does right now. I wouldn't be surprised to see him on top again in Monaco

While it's certainly true that he has a far better car this year I'm not sure it's going to be enough for Monaco, they're not super at qualifying relative to RBR and Mercedes. And personally I think Webber is a weee bit better there, but I'm biased. :D

Around the Network

well done alonso and the right predictors and massa too,ferrari looking good,

great starts but i think the tyres as usual are a bit too much against the drivers if you ask me,watching them all manage and not fight shouldn't be allowed to continue,it is the same for evreyone but surely fans want the cars going full tilt not cruising round,it is not endurance racing

Above & Beyond

zuvuyeay said:

great starts but i think the tyres as usual are a bit too much against the drivers if you ask me,watching them all manage and not fight shouldn't be allowed to continue,it is the same for evreyone but surely fans want the cars going full tilt not cruising round,it is not endurance racing

Oi, don't insult endurance racing.

Seriously though, yeah. 4 stops and still not being able to rip the track up is pretty worrysome, wonder which idiot ever thought this would please either fans, drivers or teams? It's just ridiculous.

Also the failure rate/delamination of the tires is unacceptable, I would be suprised if they keep Pirelli, despite all their excuses on why it's happening, it simply shouldn't be.

And woohoo, I got some points!

Proclus said:
zuvuyeay said:

Seriously though, yeah. 4 stops and still not being able to rip the track up is pretty worrysome, wonder which idiot ever thought this would please either fans, drivers or teams? It's just ridiculous.

Also the failure rate/delamination of the tires is unacceptable, I would be suprised if they keep Pirelli, despite all their excuses on why it's happening, it simply shouldn't be.

Agreed. I hate this tire situation.

Of course I also miss the days when there were still fuel stops. Seems like they keeping changing things for the worse

Proclus said:
zuvuyeay said:

haha,i don't mean too and i know nothing about endurance racing

but yeah the tyres are rubbish and they don't even crash/spin off which at least would be something,i don't even know why they think they can do the few amount of stops,if alonso is going 4 you better go 4 hadn't you,unless i'm missing something

funny how formula 1 has a problem with tyres you'd think they would be pretty good after 60 years or at least have an idea,i know stategy has its place but formula 1 should be about the fastest elite drivers

yes i'm amazed you actually went for some points this week :)

Above & Beyond

Around the Network

Ads of Claro Video (one of the multiple companies of Carlos Slim) in the McLarens in this race. It's pretty much confirmed that they'll become the main sponsor when Vodafone leaves.

it's funny how a few years back people where complaining about the tires cause they were actually too good and some could drive an entire race on them and people were bored of the "f1 parade" where Schumi just drove off and lapped 90% of the field.. i think the tyres are fine but they should lose the DRS system.. let them push it to the limit when they want to overtake and risk ruining your tyres completly..

some teams have more problems with the tyres (mercedes, red bull) then others (ferrari, lotus) but they are the same for everyone..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Championship POINTS WINS PLACE RETIREE GP
Justinian 140 3 1
Jonop 135 2 1
Zuvuyeay 115 1 1 1 5
Proclus 75 1

Brendude13 65 1 1 1 5
Haxxiy 65 1 1   5
Conegamer 65  
Rainbow Yoshi 55   1   4
Angelus 40 1     1
Monaco Zuv  Proc  Bren Just Cone Hax Jonop Rain Angel
 1st
Webber Raikkonen

2nd
Rosberg Alonso

3rd
Alonso Webber

Retiree
Vettel Maldonado

Score                  

well done just,proc and angel for winning the week and just for leading the way with 3 wins making a push for the championship this time,Monaco up next great weekend,

some piccys

Above & Beyond

NiKKoM said:
it's funny how a few years back people where complaining about the tires cause they were actually too good and some could drive an entire race on them and people were bored of the "f1 parade" where Schumi just drove off and lapped 90% of the field.. i think the tyres are fine but they should lose the DRS system.. let them push it to the limit when they want to overtake and risk ruining your tyres completly..

some teams have more problems with the tyres (mercedes, red bull) then others (ferrari, lotus) but they are the same for everyone..

yes they probably needed drs back when the tyres lasted and now they don't need it and can risk the overtake against the degrade,i just tink it seems like tyres don't last more than a couple of laps,i think they need to work out what is best for racing at the max in the longterm

Above & Beyond

100 points behind the leader lol, guess I got my work cut out for me.

I'll take

1. Alonso
2. Webber
3. Rosberg

DNF - Grosjean