By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 2D or 3D, mario, zelda, and metroid?

This thread is saying which were the better game 2D or 3D mario ,zelda, and metroid.

Mario: its a tie both 3D and 2D mario games were great, i would of said 2D but smg made it a tie.

Zelda: 3D wins, its basically the same thing but i just like the 3D zelda games better.

Metroid: it was a close one but i would say 2D becuase its just a funner way to play then first person for this genre, i really liked metroid prime 1,2,and 3 but i just thing the side scrolling is funner.

What about you, and explain why.

Around the Network

2D. 3D is just too much exploring and not enough gaming. i hate exploring.

though i played SMG at a friend's place and it was awesome.

the Wii is an epidemic.

mario 2d = mario 3d love them both
zelda 3d more exploring looks nicer too
metroid only played 3d

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Thats whats so fantastic about Nintendo. They have, like nobody else, took all that was superb about there 2D outtings and perfectly moulding them to 3D and loosing absolutly nothing in the process.

For me Ocarina is on par with Link to the past, Super Metriod on par with Prime and Mario World on par with Galaxy.

call me Aaronbunny!

Wii code: 6993 4542 2457 6182. plz add me Im a wiily gd friend

I'd said both for all three.

Really, Nintendo and its various studios have done amazing work in transitioning their franchises from 2D to 3D. These franchises have been and continue to be excellent in 2D all the while maintaining their level of quality and even at times exceeding it with their 3D productions.

I can still enjoy a 2D Mario or Zelda game today along side a 3D version. Nintendo has made both so excellent that they can not only be great in their own ways but even coincide next to one another without one somehow invalidating the presence of each other.

Around the Network

Mario: I prefered 2d
Zelda: like both
Metroid: 3d

In my opinion platformers are always better 2D. For me the whole point was moving from left to right jumping on enemies and getting to the end of the level. 3D platformer is an oxymoron really. They're sort of action rpgs and I don't tend to enjoy that kind of game. If I'm playing a platformer I don't want to explore, I want to jump!

Mario: 3D
Zelda: 3D
Metroid: 3D

Gamertag: KillswitchTris PSN ID: KsET665 Wii Friend Code: 8415 6393 6330 0940 (PM me if you add me)
Feel Free To Add Me Tag: LISMDK - Extremely bad taste in music

Mario and Metroid: Both 2D and 3D
Zelda:2D. I liked Zelda better when it was more fast paced tbh.

This will only take a moment of your time. *steals your watch*

Words Of Wisdom said:
I'd said both for all three.

Really, Nintendo and its various studios have done amazing work in transitioning their franchises from 2D to 3D. These franchises have been and continue to be excellent in 2D all the while maintaining their level of quality and even at times exceeding it with their 3D productions.

I can still enjoy a 2D Mario or Zelda game today along side a 3D version. Nintendo has made both so excellent that they can not only be great in their own ways but even coincide next to one another without one somehow invalidating the presence of each other.

Yup, that pretty much says it all.