By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Anyone Else Tried Demos on Gaikai?

Tried out the site out of curiosity - and admitedly with a neutral to gently negative view of the concept - and came away surprised at how it worked.

Not there enough for me yet vs playing on my own HW but much better than I was expecting.

http://www.gaikai.com/games/#Client

Lag was much less than I expected and graphics better than I expected given the setup.  Suddenly playing games via a controller through my TV seems a lot closer than I thought.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Around the Network

It looks good, I was rather impressed, and quite surprised it worked so well. I didn't really notice much lag at all

I've tried, but my laptop isn't happy about decoding video, so I haven't really gotten a proper impression. I was positively surprised by the little gameplay my laptop didn't spoil though.

no i have n ot, but i tried onlive again on my girlfriends tablet, and it works great now. I couldn't notice lag and i was trying to. they are similar services right?

thranx said:
no i have n ot, but i tried onlive again on my girlfriends tablet, and it works great now. I couldn't notice lag and i was trying to. they are similar services right?

Yeah, this is onlive's big competitor so far as I know.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Around the Network
Reasonable said:
thranx said:

Yeah, this is onlive's big competitor so far as I know.

In tech at least, Gaikai is only aiming to be a sort of demo-portal, without letting players buy and play full games on their service. Yet at least.