By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 looking good for 2008.

outlawauron said:
gebx said:
Munkeh111 said:
gebx said:
Munkeh111 said:
@ gebx, that is still 10m short of his wii prediction, although the ratios are higher for PS3 because it was supply constrained and only in 2 regions, and the Wii was even mores supply constrained

True, the PS3 will be selling in all three regions, but it was never constrained by supply in 2007.

First couple of weeks I'm sure it was

The PS3 was never supplied constrained, not even for a couple weeks.

Jan 9th 2007, Jack tretton made the "if you find a PS3 I'll pay you $1200" and was then bombarded by thousands of emails/pictures of PS3's available. Every blogger who read that interview posted pictures of store stock demanding cash.

The PS3 was never sold out in europe, PS3 sales took a 50%+ nosedive in sales the 2nd week available, and then a another 50% the following week.

Sold Out =/= Supply Contrained.

Right... and out of the 8.78 million consoles sold, 8 million of those where sold between July and December.

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Around the Network

rocketpig has a very good point. A large chunk of the PS3's current weekly lead is coming from Japan and Spain, two countries where the holiday shopping frenzy (supposeduly) lasts for a longer time than in the rest of the world.

It'll be a few more weeks before we'll see if the 360 even needs a price cut to start outselling the PS3.

im going to observe and see.

mM
gebx said:
Munkeh111 said:
gebx said:
Munkeh111 said:
@ gebx, that is still 10m short of his wii prediction, although the ratios are higher for PS3 because it was supply constrained and only in 2 regions, and the Wii was even mores supply constrained

True, the PS3 will be selling in all three regions, but it was never constrained by supply in 2007.

First couple of weeks I'm sure it was

The PS3 was never supplied constrained, not even for a couple weeks.

Jan 9th 2007, Jack tretton made the "if you find a PS3 I'll pay you $1200" and was then bombarded by thousands of emails/pictures of PS3's available. Every blogger who read that interview posted pictures of store stock demanding cash.

The PS3 was never sold out in europe, PS3 sales took a 50%+ nosedive in sales the 2nd week available, and then a another 50% the following week.

PS3 was launched in March 2007 in Europe. So yes, it was supply constrained you could say. 3 months in

Europe is about a million, no?

Why are people suprised at the ps3... i.e. "The ps3 numbers are a little high". The same could* be said about the Wii numbers. Maybe the numbers now may the the norm for some time. I find it odd how many experts there are here, when there clearly not. It's just a better week for the ps3.

Unleash The Beast!  

End of 2011 Sales: Wii = 90mil, 360 = 61mil, PS3= 60mil

Around the Network
Samwel said:

PS3 was launched in March 2007 in Europe. So yes, it was supply constrained you could say. 3 months in

Europe is about a million, no?

Not exactly because sales were so huge that first week in Europe. The PS3 would definitely have sold more if it launched in PAL regions in Nov 06 but I doubt it would have been a million since the PS3 quickly settled into selling less than 50k a week in PAL regions just four weeks after launch. By 8 weeks, it was under 40k a week. By 12 weeks, it was under 30k.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/