By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Confirmed: Final Fantasy X HD is a remaster, not a remake

Tagged games:

Well at least it shouldn't take to long to finish..theoretically.

Around the Network

Good.

Now they have plenty of time for FFVII remake

teigaga said:
Khuutra said:
I never expected any different. People who did had their hopes way, WAAAAAAAAAAAAY too high.

Its because a false report which said that the game was being remade with the crystal engine. Also the fact that Nomura said the game was being "developed" by the one of squares key production team+ the lack of footage made it seem more like a remake. Normally simple HD remastering are announced mere months before their release, with trailer in hand.

It's Square Enix. Anything worth announcing for them will be announced with much fanfare.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Monteblanco said:
Japanese publishers are being very lazy recently. The 3DS and the Vita are receiving a lot of old games ports, instead of some original content. Considering the shrinking market due to competition with smartphones, it is up to Nintendo and Sony to show that dedicated portable machines can be profitable and convince the publishers to offer something more substantial.

Prove that there is a shrinking market. The 3DS is selling much, much faster than the DS did in the same timeframe.

id like only to know when will the creepy 和田洋一 be kicked out of SE

Around the Network

Agree with Boutros and others who said at the very least this better include X-2 (even though I don't like that game lol). Really they should just do a PS2 collection, FFX, X-2 and XII. A single game for a HD re-release? That would be beyond lazy.

Also this most definitely removes a system seller type game from the vita this year. A FFX remake would have been a fairly big thing. A FFX re-release... yea not so much. Sure it will still sell well but isn't going to do gangbuster.

On the whole FF6/FF7 discussion this thread got going, personally I think the late era Snes Rpgs hold up MUCH better than FF7. Honestly FF7 was great for it's time but it has aged incredibly badly. Bad graphics, immensely simple battle system, non-stop random encounters, very poorly developed characters etc etc. For me 7 was a great game for it's time but it doesn't hold up in the slightest. Still kinda amazes me that Chrono Trigger is so much more advanced in a lot of ways.

This is actually one of the big reasons Square have held off on doing an FF7 remake. There is no way they can do it without it turning out badly. They would have two options: simply overhaul the graphics and maybe add a few tiny extras but keep the gameplay, random encounters, character development etc intact, this would result in the game getting awful reviews and tarnish FF7's good name. Possibly hurting sales of related products.

The other option would be to bring the game up to today's standards. This would result in the people who still believe FF7 is the greatest game ever freaking out, boycotting it etc and just cause a lot of hassle.

So yea basically they would have to remake the graphics over once but the game twice to keep people happy.

Turkish says and I'm allowed to quote that: Uncharted 3 and God Of War 3 look better than Unreal Engine 4 games will or the tech demo does. Also the Naughty Dog PS3 ENGINE PLAYS better than the UE4 ENGINE.

That's hardly a surprise. I might still pick it up if it includes the add-ons of the International Version that I never got to experience.

Signature goes here!

Remakes are only really cost effective if they are remakes of games several generations old.

A simple HD upgrade though? That can net you some quick easy cash. I certainly will buy FFX and FFXII HD versions to play for my PSVita.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

i never played any of the PS2 aera Final Fantasy games, so i'm looking forward to it regardless

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

pezus said:
Judgement-2012 said:
Good.

Now they have plenty of time for FFVII remake

FFvsXIII is still left. And knowing Square Enix they will take their fucking time doing this remaster and it'll end up looking lazy

Totally forgot about FFvsXIII,nearly 6 years after annoucement and  no realease date yet.

It will be a nice surprise if they take longer than 2 years to realease this remaster.