By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Maybe I am in big trouble VGC

Well, guys, I know I am usually a big asshole, but this may be the first time I need human help.

So to elaborate it, a friend of mine is trying to get me a girlfriend for some time. I have been envious of him since he got that awesome girlfriend he has now, but it has only been since today that I found out that honestly he wants  to find me a girlfriend and I have been really arrogant the last... maybe even since he got her... weeks because I thought he was being arrogant because of his behaviour, while I found out today that he really wants to help me, because of a conversation, which I was accidantaly  eavesdropping on. Now I really feel bad and I don't  know how to appologise to him...

And maybe this is the only time I will be asking for help from someone...

So, how I should make him clear that I really appreciate his help...?

Thanks, VGC for your help...

also:

Around the Network

Tell him that you - wait for it- appreciate his help.

That was hard just to type, I can't imagine doing it in real life.

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

leatherhat said:

Well I feel somehow I can't explain it to him without looking arrogant myself or confirming the arrogance coming from him... so I am speculating with just leting it rest as it is now... argh... I am so helpless when it comes to serious human interactions T_T

He doesnt know that you thought he was arrogant right? If you had said something to him or gave him a cold shoulder I suppose, than I guess that would warrant a excuse for a apology, but since you didnt, than there's nothing to worry about o.o

Also he doesnt know you over heard the conversation right? Act surprised *-*!

Edit: Thank him after his attempt! (Unless he said to you he was going to find one for you and was updating you o.O)

Basil's YouTube Channel

Stefl1504 said:
leatherhat said:

Well I feel somehow I can't explain it to him without looking arrogant myself or confirming the arrogance coming from him... so I am speculating with just leting it rest as it is now... argh... I am so helpless when it comes to serious human interactions T_T

I don't really understand the nature of your relationship so I can't comment any further on this without more info.

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

Around the Network

Buy him FFXIII-2. Your friendship will last forever and ever after.

Boutros said:
Buy him FFXIII-2. Your friendship will last forever and ever after.

Or possibly end instantly.

Well, you were eavesdropping, so you might want to avoid that he finds this out. So how about you say something like this:

"I have noticed that you are really happy since you have your girlfriend and I'd like to be happy too, but you know that I am not good in conversations with ladies*, so I'd like to ask you for a little help."

*I am guessing this is true, because you say that you have problems with serious human interactions.

If he wonders why you've acted like a jerk lately, just say that you were envious of him, because he has an awesome girlfriend. But since you overheard him saying that he wants to help you despite your behavior over the last weeks, he certainly doesn't hold a grudge against you or something. Your mind makes this problem much bigger than it actually is.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

"i know i can act like an asshole sometimes, but i really do appreciate that you want to help me"

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Screw apologizing, you're an asshole and you're envious so just steal his girlfriend.