By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Music Discussion - Help me get to 1000 views :D

pezus said:
NintendoPie said:
Why didn't it go up any? I pressed Command - 'R' several times.

It doesn't update immediately. Takes several hours I think

Refreshing the page doesn't count as an extra view you guys XP

Only unique IP address views are counted (or else anyone could artificially inflate the viewcount of any video)

Around the Network
pezus said:

I dunno, I've tried doing that on my own videos and I think it works...if refreshing doesn't work, going back and clicking on it again certainly works

Definitive answer! http://www.atlantaanalytics.com/practicing-web-analytics/how-does-youtube-video-view-count-work/

pezus said:
miz1q2w3e said:
pezus said:
NintendoPie said:

Only unique IP address views are counted (or else anyone could artificially inflate the viewcount of any video)

I dunno, I've tried doing that on my own videos and I think it works...if refreshing doesn't work, going back and clicking on it again certainly works

Lol! You do that on your own videos? XD

miz1q2w3e said:
pezus said:

Definitive answer! http://www.atlantaanalytics.com/practicing-web-analytics/how-does-youtube-video-view-count-work/

Wow! That was really interesting! :D

Cool, was worth my precious time!

Around the Network

Done

AstroMaSSi rules

pezus said:
miz1q2w3e said:
pezus said:

So refreshing does work

lol get to it everyone!!

miz1q2w3e said:
pezus said:
miz1q2w3e said:
pezus said:

So refreshing does work

lol get to it everyone!!

XD

BasilZero said:
NintendoPie said:
pezus said:
miz1q2w3e said:
pezus said:
NintendoPie said:

It does work until you hit 300.

Than any view you get after 300 from a actual viewer gets counted to how many times you Refreshed (in other words, the counter wont rise until as many people clicked on your video as much as you refreshed).

Of course this doesnt happen all the time....XD

So I am not sure especially after the new forced layout change thats going to occur within a month from now. Google's been fixing a bug lately with people getting a PM from themselves which is related to the forced changes ;x.

Anyways @OT - GRATS you got 1k views *-*!

Lol so I'm guessing you tried it on your videos too?

BasilZero said:
NintendoPie said:
BasilZero said:
NintendoPie said:
pezus said:
miz1q2w3e said:
pezus said:
NintendoPie said:

It does work until you hit 300.

Than any view you get after 300 from a actual viewer gets counted to how many times you Refreshed (in other words, the counter wont rise until as many people clicked on your video as much as you refreshed).

Of course this doesnt happen all the time....XD

So I am not sure especially after the new forced layout change thats going to occur within a month from now. Google's been fixing a bug lately with people getting a PM from themselves which is related to the forced changes ;x.

Anyways @OT - GRATS you got 1k views *-*!

Lol so I'm guessing you tried it on your videos too?

Nope, but I wanted to see if it works because for some reason when I go to my channel, my video autoplays (which i set it like that) but counts my views lol.

Than I did some google searching and came to a video which explained that Google/Youtube implemented something late 2010 where it wont count any more self/refresh views after 300.

Oh. Well that sucks. :/