By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Another eShop hit: Radio Wave People RPG

source

Pokémon Colosseum Developer Making Augmented Reality RPG For 3DS

By Spencer . January 30, 2012 . 7:28pm

Genius Sonority, the company behind Pokémon Colosseum and the Nintendo DS eBook collection, is making RPGs again. Radio Wave People RPG is coming to the Nintendo 3DS and former Dragon Quest programmer Manabu Yamana is directing the game.

Radio Wave People RPG (Denpa Ningen in Japanese) uses the system’s augmented reality features to make tiny people show up in our world. (Well, at least when you view them the 3DS’ screen.) Catching Radio Wave people by scanning your surroundings is half of the game. Forming a party and fighting a demon king who kidnapped someone important is the other half. Each Radio Wave person has unique abilities and skills which you can use in battle.

Radio Wave People RPG will be released as a Nintendo eShop download in Japan on February 8 for 800 yen ($10). Before that, Genius Sonority will give 3DS owners a preview. A playable demo that lets you raise Radio People will be released on February 1. The demo is limited to 30 plays and playing it unlocks an item in the full game.

How to catch Radio Wave people

Organizing a party

Going on an adventure

Fighting monsters

How to hit weak points

Finding Treasure

Around the Network

Wait, the developers behind Colosseum? That game was a freaking disaster imo. It had a lot of potential...

It's craziness! xD
Reminds me of Pikmin and Animal Crossing, somehow.
Good thing they're actually making use of AR again, about time! :)

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Cheebee said:
It's craziness! xD
Reminds me of Pikmin and Animal Crossing, somehow.
Good thing they're actually making use of AR again, about time! :)

It's like they put Pikmin, Miis, AR, and RPG in a blender.

It looks like it good be really good. There's some potential there. Let's hope it's realized.

Around the Network

Any RPG for $10 is a steal. Hope it gets localized.

Looks like a pikmin rpg. If its around $10, I'll definitly buy.

Looks good to me. And I didn't mind Pokemon Colosseum anyway, I thought the music was superb too.