By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The definitive 2008 PS3 Exclusives Guide

twesterm said:
You seem to be very optimistic about some of those release dates...

Not really, but I had to put something down.  I reckon Haze WILL come out in March or thereabouts now.  MGS4 WILL come out before the summer and LBP WILL come out in September.  Although I don't know when Killzone 2 will come out....it's supposed to be out in April, but it will be September at least IMHO.

Prediction (June 12th 2017)

Permanent pricedrop for both PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro in October.

PS4 Slim $249 (October 2017)

PS4 Pro $349 (October 2017)

Around the Network
davygee said:
rocketpig said:
I just don't see a lot there that screams "must buy", but I probably have different tastes than a lot of other Playstation owners.

I'm sure at least a few of those games will interest me as more information is released throughout the year.

Maybe you do have different tastes.  Although I can't say how the games will play or whether they will end up being rubbish or great, but there is a decent collection of the biggest games on any system coming out for the PS3 alone this year, like:

• Haze
  • Metal Gear Solid 4
  • Gran Turismo 5
  • Tekken 6
  • Killzone 2
  • Final Fantasy XIII (although it is very much likely to appear in 2009)
I'm pretty sure the Wii and the XBox 360 would be very proud to have the games listed above in their exclusive list for this year?

Let me clarify my reasoning a bit:

- Haze. Honestly, it looks like another generic shooter to me. After the loads of shooters I played in 2007, there isn't much there that interests me. If it releases to stellar reviews, I'll definitely check it out.

- MGS4. This is a real wildcard for me because while I loved MGS, I absolutely loathed MGS2 & 3. Now that they have apparently updated the control system to not look like it was designed in 1996, it's a little more intriguing. Either way, I'll at least rent it to see what the fuss is about.

- GT5. I doubt this will release Stateside in 2008 but if it does, I'll check it out. I might buy it if it offers the in-depth online experience of Forza 2, my new gold standard for online racers. Single player is fun but for me, the real value lies in the multiplayer experience and super-shiny graphics don't cut it alone.

- Tekken 6. Not a fighter fan. Haven't been one since Soul Caliber on the DC.

- Killzone2. My Haze explanation fits here.

- FFXIII. I have been slowly drifting away from JRPGs for the past 9 or 10 years but I'll end up checking this out for sure. I am also quite positive that we won't see it this year. 

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

There are quite a few games I'd be interested in there.

Hopefully the PS3 will get some games that really deliver. That list could have a few 'must buy', 95%+ games on there, or they could all be disappointing 85%+ games.

I can't imagine I'd want a PS3 until after next christmas though, and hopefully after another price drop.

Wasn't Tekken 5 just released in 2007, and they are already releasing a tekken 6? How does that make sense....

Xbox Live Gamertag - Deathscythe X

AIM SN - Alexie Di Onie

Nice list.

Around the Network

I'm going to wait for the reviews on Haze and Killzone 2. I have never played an MGS game before but MGS4 interests me. White Knight Story looks really cool. If Naruto PS3 Project is anything like Rise Of A Ninja then I will definitely buy it. I will be buying FFXIII and FFVXIII. Heavy Rain looks pretty cool. inFamous looks awesome.

Gamertag: KillswitchTris PSN ID: KsET665 Wii Friend Code: 8415 6393 6330 0940 (PM me if you add me)
Feel Free To Add Me Tag: LISMDK - Extremely bad taste in music
shio said:
The Agency isn't exclusive (coming to PC)

FFXIII and FF vs XIII most likely won't come before 2009

Haze and Heavy Rain will most likely be multiplatform, though right now they're only PS3 confirmed.

Heavy reain is only on ps3 it is being marketed by sony.

ferrarri challenge isn't exclusive =P.

Some of the late\very late 2008 titles are likely to be released in 2009 - FFXIII is the least likely to be a 2008 title on that list.

good guide, only a few missing, such as Resistance 2 and Motorstorm 2, possibly Uncharted 2

what exactly do you do in Afrika? Just go around taking photos?