By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Tourists arrested in U.S. on terror charges over Twitter jokes

Hur hur, America overreacts, yet again

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

Around the Network

They have been watching too much homeland :P

Terrorist : 1 America : 0

Are we that terrified of another attack that we are checking out people's tweets?

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Lesson learned: never mock America with your real name

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

VGKing said:
LMFAO!
Our tax dollars at work. Wow.

For real LOL, our country just seems like a great big gag!!

Around the Network

America is much safer now that those troublemaking Brits have been detained.

Indefinite detention. No exceptions.

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

:/
In the mean time 3 terrorists that don't use Twitter could have slipt past the guards

Zim said:
I'm British and have never heard the term 'destroyed' to mean partying. I was in Uni not too many years ago as well and spent most weekends partying, clubbing, drinking etc. It's not uncommon for people to say they are going to get wrecked. I could even understand if he said he was going to get destroyed. However he said he was going to do the destroying.

''I'm going to go clubbing and get destroyed'' Err yea kinda makes sense. ''I'm going to destroy a club''??? That makes no sense at all. 'I'm going to destroy these beers'' Yea that kinda makes sense too.

Stupid guy does something stupid and it results in something stupid happening to him. What a surprise lol.

Gotta say it is a dailymail story too. So it could be entirely made up.

I will say though when I spent time in the US the airport security is beyond horrible. I was there to travel and had such great questions as ''Why are you coming here to sightsee? What exactly do you want to see? Why do you want to sightsee in New York? Where did you get the money for this trip?''

The term "destroy" is used quite a lot round these parts, back home, too (Kent and Essex). Dunno where you're from. Might be a regional thing.

---

Last time in Orlando, the TSA questioned us about whether we had ever lived in France... we hadn't. Just an odd question. What difference would it have made if we did? A TSA agent in New York called me a "pretty boy", which offended me somewhat. Also, first time going into Orlando, the TSA whisked my nan off and questioned her because her fingerprints didn't match up with previous records.

Going back in a few months, though, so I won't say anything negative. >_>

badgenome said:

That's so wrong. He should have been arrested for that hair!

Agreed.

In memory of Topless Avatars Pertaining to Hotness and Titilation (TAPTHAT).

3DS friend code: 5155 - 2983 - 3034