By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Music Discussion - What is your favorite Bon Jovi song? (if you're a Bon Jovi fan anyway)

This is easy for me. My favorite is definitely "Living On A Prayer".

Around the Network

Livin' On A Prayer and Runaway

bugrimmar said:
surprisingly lots of bon jovi fans :) i think that traditional hard rock is dying. there are no more good artists who can recreate the same flavor as these guys.

Traditional hard rock started dying because of panty waists like Jon Bon Jovi.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

All the classics are great ... some that stand out for me are These Day, Dry County and Hey God.

"Traditional hard rock started dying because of panty waists like Jon Bon Jovi."

Yet he and Guns N Roses are still soo hugely popular till this day?

Around the Network
lordmandeep said:
"Traditional hard rock started dying because of panty waists like Jon Bon Jovi."

in fact, bon jovi earned 125 million dollars last year, more than any other artist except for U2. don't worry, he's just butthurt :P

bugrimmar said:
lordmandeep said:

in fact, bon jovi earned 125 million dollars last year, more than any other artist except for U2. don't worry, he's just butthurt :P

Why would Bon Jovi being popular make me butthurt?  I don't care if he made 1.25 billion dollars last year.  That doesn't measn that his music doesn't suck.  Sales don't equal quality as they say on this site.

Bon Jovi is not a traditional hard rock band.  Led Zepplin, AC/DC, Deep Purple, Van Halen, and even Guns N Roses would be amongst those.  Bon Jovi is just pop rock with songs that are based on bumper stickers like It's My Life and Have A Nice Day!  They're a group of guys that wear makeup trying to appeal to women (glam bands).  I suppose that you probably bands like Poison, Warrant, and Winger too.   

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

amp316 said:
bugrimmar said:
lordmandeep said:

Why would Bon Jovi being popular make me butthurt?  I don't care if he made 1.25 billion dollars last year.  That doesn't measn that his music doesn't suck.  Sales don't equal quality as they say on this site.

Bon Jovi is not a traditional hard rock band.  Led Zepplin, AC/DC, Deep Purple, Van Halen, and even Guns N Roses would be amongst those.  Bon Jovi is just pop rock with songs that are based on bumper stickers like It's My Life and Have A Nice Day!  They're a group of guys that wear makeup trying to appeal to women (glam bands).  I suppose that you probably bands like Poison, Warrant, and Winger too.   

this is what is called elitism. i know a lot of guys like you who can't appreciate something because it hit something mainstream. oh well, if  you don't like it, you don't have to spoil what other people like. that's why i put in the thread title "if you're a bon jovi fan anyway". if you aren't, no need to bash on the band coz a lot of people like them.

bugrimmar said:
amp316 said:
bugrimmar said:
lordmandeep said:

this is what is called elitism. i know a lot of guys like you who can't appreciate something because it hit something mainstream. oh well, if  you don't like it, you don't have to spoil what other people like. that's why i put in the thread title "if you're a bon jovi fan anyway". if you aren't, no need to bash on the band coz a lot of people like them.

It is not elitism.  Every single band that I listed as a hard rock band was mainstream and had a number one hit.  Bon Jovi is not hard rock, plain and simple .  I'm sure that even they would tell you that. 

Of Course Bon Jovi is not the same caliber as Led Zeppelin and those bands.

However, they were a well liked band that made great songs and were able to make a song recently that became a huge hit and few bands are able to do that.

Bon Jovi were part of the glam band scene that was terrible.

However just because overall the trend was bad, does not mean everyone apart of it was.

Also, Bon Jovi is not hard rock either but still are a Rock Band.

Both Bon Jovi and Guns N Roses are the most popular Rock Bands from that era before Nirvana and Grunge.