By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - HD Twins: Greatest Exclusive Lists (updated through 2011)

Tagged games:

Michael-5 said:
bouzane said:
''- not including games rated 70-79% on metacritic is purely to cut off the 360s massive lead in that category over PS3. I dont understand how people could cut games that are the equivalent of a B to B+ in the school grading system.''

Life is too short to play every single video game rated above 90%, I'll never understand why people tolerate mediocrity when there are so many masterpieces. I know that the metascore of a game is not always indicative of quality but once you stoop below 80% you typically start to waste your precious time.

Yea, but you know a B+ game can be perfect to some and shit to others, doesn't mean it isn't bad.

How many GT5 loyalists does this website have? Isn't that a B game? Isn't it worth considering when buying a PS3 (being a flagship title)?

Also being 90+ on metacritic doesn't mean a game is 90+. Lots of games get inflated scores because of brand names (Final Fantasy, Halo, God of War, etc, etc). They are all great games and for many, they are 90+ games, but to many others Lost Odyssey, Killzone, and Bayonetta are better, despite having lower scores.

You agree a B+ game on metacritic isn't necessarily a reflection of quality, so why is the cut off 80%? Why don't 79% games make the cut, I noticed 360 has quite a few between 75-80%. Lower the cut off by 5%, and suddenly 360 is in the lead.

GT5 has a Metascore above 84% on both Metacritic and Gamerankings which seems to reflect the quality of the original release quite well, although I can not contribute my own opinion about the title because I hate racing sims, especially GT.

Personally, I think an 80% cutoff is too low, but that's just me. I just don't even consider games below 80% unless I believe that the critics are being unduely harsh (and even then I don't expect anything special).  Why adjust the cutoff point just to give the 360 the victory anyway? Why not just drop the cutoff to a 60% if we're going to dig our way down?

Also, lol at God of War having inflated scores. It was one of the only reasons I considered repairing my PS3. I just wish that they didn't abandon any semblance of story or character development after the original (and prequels).

Around the Network
bouzane said:

GT5 has a Metascore above 84% on both Metacritic and Gamerankings which seems to reflect the quality of the original release quite well, although I can not contribute my own opinion about the title because I hate racing sims, especially GT.

Personally, I think an 80% cutoff is too low, but that's just me. I just don't even consider games below 80% unless I believe that the critics are being unduely harsh (and even then I don't expect anything special).  Why adjust the cutoff point just to give the 360 the victory anyway? Why not just drop the cutoff to a 60% if we're going to dig our way down?

Also, lol at God of War having inflated scores. It was one of the only reasons I considered repairing my PS3. I just wish that they didn't abandon any semblance of story or character development after the original (and prequels).

I'm not suggesting to adjust the cut off to give 360 the lead (look below, at 80% it's actually in the lead), I'm only saying that there are a lot of 70-79% games which are excellent. Lost Odyssey for instance is a console seller to me and the best turn based JRPG on consoles this gen, it's score is 78%, but I really think it deserves to be on this list more then Crackdown or Resistance. Tales of Vesperia got 79%, 1% off the cut off, is it not worth playing now?

Metacritic should not be a conclusive cut off, 60% is far too low, but my point was threads like this are useless because a couple % can eliminate otherwise quality games.

Also on a side note, some games get bad scores because they are short. Heavenly Sword and Kameo are 79% games, but I bet you it only didn't cross 80% because it's <5 hours long with not much replay incentive.

------------

You know what, I'm going to double check the list for games above 80% and show how much of a difference a 78% and 75% cut off make..

The OP missed 9 360 games Dead Rising, Viva Pinyata (x2), Test Drive: Unlimited, G.R.A.W.(90% Metacritic, common osama), Burnout Revenge, Hitman: Blood Money, Saints Row and 2 games for PS3 Hot Shots Golf, and Ninja Gaiden Sigma , and if you include Dance Central 1 & 2, Buzz (x2), and Singstar that's two more for 360 and 3 more for PS3. If you count those, at 80% cut off, the difference is 39-39 in favor no one (if the OP did a proper job looking up games). Note Without the casual games, 360 is in the lead 37-36.

Now here are some great exclusives which have score 75-79%. 360 Banjo Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts (79), BattleStations: Pacific (76), Blue Dragon (79), Culdcept SAGA(75), Frontlines: FoW(75), Kameo (79), Lost Odyssey(78), Lost Planet: Colonies Edition (78), Metro: 2033 (77), Prey(79), Quake 4(75), Supreme Commander 2 (75), Tales of Vesperia(79), Tropico 3(75), Tropico 4(77) PS3 Folklore(75), Heavenly Sword(79), Ratchet & Clank Future: Quest for Booty(76), Yakuza 4(78). (I highlighted the ones I played and loved, and personally think deserve higher scores). Note: Kinectimals(78) and Sesame Street(79) could also be counted.

You see, just by lowering it 2% 360 gains 7 exclusives (plus 2 Kinect games), where PS3 gains only 2, making the difference in favor of 360, 48-41. And this is just 2%. Go 5% and the difference is in favor of 360, 56-43.

----------------

Do some research Osama, that wasn't hard.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Michael-5 said:
bouzane said:

I'm not suggesting to adjust the cut off to give 360 the lead (look below, at 80% it's actually in the lead), I'm only saying that there are a lot of 70-79% games which are excellent. Lost Odyssey for instance is a console seller to me and the best turn based JRPG on consoles this gen, it's score is 78%, but I really think it deserves to be on this list more then Crackdown or Resistance. Tales of Vesperia got 79%, 1% off the cut off, is it not worth playing now?

Metacritic should not be a conclusive cut off, 60% is far too low, but my point was threads like this are useless because a couple % can eliminate otherwise quality games.

Also on a side note, some games get bad scores because they are short. Heavenly Sword and Kameo are 79% games, but I bet you it only didn't cross 80% because it's <5 hours long with not much replay incentive.

------------

You know what, I'm going to double check the list for games above 80% and show how much of a difference a 78% and 75% cut off make..

The OP missed 9 360 games Dead Rising, Viva Pinyata (x2), Test Drive: Unlimited, G.R.A.W.(90% Metacritic, common osama), Burnout Revenge, Hitman: Blood Money, Saints Row and 2 games for PS3 Hot Shots Golf, and Ninja Gaiden Sigma , and if you include Dance Central 1 & 2 which you should since they are quality exclusive games (fun if you play with a girl), two more for 360. If you count those, at 80% cut off, the difference is 39-36 in favor of 360 (if the OP did a proper job looking up games). Note Without the two Dance Central games, 360 is still in the lead.

Now here are some great exclusives which have score 75-79%. 360 Banjo Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts (79), BattleStations: Pacific (76), Blue Dragon (79), Culdcept SAGA(75), Frontlines: FoW(75), Kameo (79), Lost Odyssey(78), Lost Planet: Colonies Edition (78), Metro: 2033 (77), Prey(79), Quake 4(75), Supreme Commander 2 (75), Tales of Vesperia(79), Tropico 3(75), Tropico 4(77) PS3 Folklore(75), Heavenly Sword(79), Ratchet & Clank Future: Quest for Booty(76), Yakuza 4(78). (I highlighted the ones I played and loved, and personally think deserve higher scores).

You see, just by lowering it 2% 360 gains 7 exclusives (plus 2 Kinect games I didn't count), where PS3 gains only 2, making the difference in favor of 360, 46-38. And this is just 2%. Go 5% and the difference is in favor of 360, 54-40.

----------------

Do some research Osama, that wasn't hard.

But if you are to include Dance Central 1/2 then you should also include the two Buzz! game and Singstar for the PS3.

And then the OP forgot Disgaea 4.

But really the very first moment I saw this thread and read the OP I was out of here lol.

Boutros said:

But if you are to include Dance Central 1/2 then you should also include the two Buzz! game and Singstar for the PS3.

And then the OP forgot Disgaea 4.

But really the very first moment I saw this thread and read the OP I was out of here lol.

I thought he included Disgaea 4, and I didn't include Disgaea 3 in the 78% games. Had that JRPG arguement with ethomaz and I must have forgotten that I didn't include them.

As for Buzz and Singstar, well....  didn't see them, but I don't know if we should count Buzz. If we count the two 80% Buzz games then we should also count Sesame Street Kinect (79%), and Kinectimals: Now with Bears (78%).

For arguements sake, counting Buzz, and Singstar PS3 and 360 are tied for games with 80%+, but if we don't count casual games like osama did, 360 is in the lead. After a single % drop 360 regains that lead.

edited my post above to include this.

360 is still superior here.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results