By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Six hundred staff working on Resident Evil 6

Tagged games:

Over 600 staff worldwide are working on the recently announcedResident Evil 6, Capcom has confirmed.

The figure was revealed by executive producer Hiroyuki Kobayashi, in a video introduction to the game's announcement trailer posted on Capcom-Unity.

"This is by far the latgest scale production capcom has ever embarked on," he said. "Between the 150 staff members in Japan, and everyone around the world, we have more than 600 people involved. A lot of work has gone into this game."

You can see the video, which also features input from director Eiichiro Sasaki and producer Yoshiaki Hirabayashi, below. Resident Evil 6 will be released for Xbox 360 and PS3 this November, with a PC version to follow.

http://www.edge-online.com/news/six-hundred-staff-working-resident-evil-6

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
Anyone know how that compares to other games made in the past or that are currently being worked on?

Assassin's creed has 400-500 people working on them to turn them out annually, that is 6 of Ubisoft's dev studios on one franchise. That is the biggest team I have heard about on any one game. Having 600 working for 3 years on one game is insane.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Geez. And people wonder why so many studios go bankrupt. I shudder to think just how insane this game's budget must be...

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

i suppose apart from the 150 in japan the rest is indian and chinese companies working for pennies on textures and models

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Porcupine_I said:
i suppose apart from the 150 in japan the rest is indian and chinese companies working for pennies on textures and models

Well of course no major AAA game is made without a couple hundred outsorced developers these days. Naughty Dog use a nice mix of Mexican and Chinese studios for their games.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Around the Network

A lot of those are probably badly paid Q&A testers.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB