By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why is N4G so biased against Xbox 360?

Adinnieken said:
FattyDingDong said:

On Vgchartz homepage you can go look right now there is an article from N4G "Why Owning a PS3 is cheaper than xbox"

not just that but i've seen so many anti-xbox articles.  last year i saw an article on N4G "Sony cares about you more than Microsoft does".

COME ON GUYS LETS BE REALISTIC FOR A MOMENT.. N4G is on Sony's nuts they report only good things about the ps3 and negatives about the 360.

I love both consoles i wish all gaming sites were fair..

My general opinion is that the PS3 fanbase is much more vocal than the Xbox 360 and Wii fanbase.  It isn't just N4G.  Recently, in the past several months or so, they've been getting more vocal.  Any positive news about any other product on the market, they spread their Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt (FUD). 

I'm not saying that there aren't members of the Xbox 360 or Wii/Nintendo fanbase who engage in the same kinds of activities, there are.  They do their best to troll too, but they don't seem to come out in the numbers that the Sony/PS3 fanbase does. 

By this point in this generation, people really need to start accepting that each gaming system, whether handheld or home console has its strengths and weaknesses.  There is enough factual information available on all of the gaming systems that people don't need to spout misinformation, and when they do have enough good grace and common sense to accept the truth rather than persist in pushing misinformation.

As for rumors and speculation, everyone needs to stop getting bent out of shape, spreading FUD, and misinformation about things no one has any absolute or positive proof about.  Every rumor should be taken with a grain of salt until that day comes when Sony, Nintendo, or Microsoft release real details.  Then, get on with your lives.  If you don't have one, start one. 

Try Gamespot. 90% 360 fanboys 10% fans of games. They vote down anything positive Sony related. e.g. New psv title announced: comment- Yay, can't wait- gets 13 thumbs down, 2 up. Smh.

Around the Network

Do you know how N4G works?

All the articles are submitted by the users. Once you get a few of the articles you submit approved, you can approve others peoples articles. N4G itself is basically run by the users.

OP, you seem to be getting offended by a few pro-Sony articles on N4G. Let me tell you this as a regular visitor of the site, there are negative ones too. Too many negative ones regarding the Vita lately.

Plus, with the Microsofts recent change in focus to Kinect, can you blame people for not praising Xbox 360? Sony is catering to the core gamers, so they will get positive articles written about them.

Ps3 fanboys will not believe any other gaming device are better or equal than their God send pley-es-tes-yon.

I thought N4G just acts as nothing more than a hub for gaming articles across the internet.

As for those articles. If they can back up their claims then they have every right to write whatever they wish.

Also just by reading some of your comments in regards to Sony and PS3 fanboys is good for a laugh. Keep them coming if you honestly believe other fanbases aren't as bad.

Around the Network
Adobo said:
Ps3 fanboys will not believe any other gaming device are better or equal than their God send pley-es-tes-yon.

I belive the same goes for all fanboys, not just Playstation ones.

For what i know, N4G is an amazing site with tons of news but is ruled by no life nerds Sony fanboys wich lifes are sadly enough to even comment about.

They have nothing better to do so they flame, not only sony fanboys, also Xbox fanboys who say tons of nonsense shit. But Sony fanboys are the worst over there, saying Xbox has no exclusives, they really ignore Gears 3, Forza 4 and Halo HD last year, i think some of them dont know these games...

Well who cares, i just go there to get info i dont even comment, my only account there is banned for some odd reason that i dont even know yet... lol

Meanwhile, Call of Duty, Gears, Halo, Fifa, BF3 or Skyrim are fueled with players on Xbox Live :P

Argh_College said:

For what i know, N4G is an amazing site with tons of news but is ruled by no life nerds Sony fanboys wich lifes are sadly enough to even comment about.

They have nothing better to do so they flame, not only sony fanboys, also Xbox fanboys who say tons of nonsense shit. But Sony fanboys are the worst over there, saying Xbox has no exclusives, they really ignore Gears 3, Forza 4 and Halo HD last year, i think some of them dont know these games...

Well who cares, i just go there to get info i dont even comment, my only account there is banned for some odd reason that i dont even know yet... lol

Meanwhile, Call of Duty, Gears, Halo, Fifa, BF3 or Skyrim are fueled with players on Xbox Live :P

could the reason for your ban have something to do with the bolded. FIFA sells better on PS3, so might want to do some more research. Gears and Halo or 360 exclusives so not sure what that has to do with PS and Skyrim and COD dont do too bad on PS either

I dont know but Sony fans are growing in numbers since 2009-now. Its kind of weird really.

Three main things they all say:

1.) RROD
2.) Pay to play Scam
3.) No Blu-ray

Its not really worth the time and effort trying to change a Playstation fan's mind or to be fair ANY fanboy's mind.

If you want to change a fanboy's mind, please do so. I no longer visit this website but whatever.

attackofthefanboy.com

And the User name is "Allen".

But it is true that PS fans are more numerous now.

Yay!!!

Yea it's basically one of my sources for just Sony without doing any filtering. I pretty much think of their logo as a playstation one. I remember seeing something about 360 and it just looked wierd - hopefully that was just a one time thing.