By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Resident Evil 6 confirmed (Trailer and Info)

Tagged games:

*sigh*

They still haven't learned nothing from RE5. This is no longer a survival horror series, might as well give it a different name than Resident Evil, since this is not RE anymore.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network

Whoa, Leon looks like Dante from DMC4.

And looks like Chris slowed down on the 'roids a bit.

at first I thought it really DARK and cool ! but then I felt its just another war game.
But still it looks pretty cool, I mean LEON'S BACK !

Wii U won't be able to handle the title screen

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:

lol.

But seriously, do you expect to see a Wii U version?...with an announcement at E3?

Around the Network
JGarret said:
Mr Khan said:

lol.

But seriously, do you expect to see a Wii U version?...with an announcement at E3?

My guess is they won't have a simultaneous release, but will get "Resident Evil 6 Gold"

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

lestatdark said:
*sigh*

They still haven't learned nothing from RE5. This is no longer a survival horror series, might as well give it a different name than Resident Evil, since this is not RE anymore.

Well, Resident Evil 5 is the best-selling entry in the series, so it's understandable why they would continue in that direction.  Besides, these guys have been fighting monsters like this for ten years according to the trailer, so it makes sense that they wouldn't 'be scared'.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
thekitchensink said:
lestatdark said:
*sigh*

Well, Resident Evil 5 is the best-selling entry in the series, so it's understandable why they would continue in that direction.  Besides, these guys have been fighting monsters like this for ten years according to the trailer, so it makes sense that they wouldn't 'be scared'.

RE5 was indeed the best-selling entry of the series, but mostly because of the fanbase that RE4 built, not on it's own merits. We'll trully see the impact that RE5 had on the series after RE6 releases, as that will be the measure of how much fans it garnered/alienated. 

RE was never about the protagonists being "Scared" of what they were facing. Probably Jill and Chris on the first RE were a bit on the scared side, but not that much, Rebecca Chambers perhaps a bit more on RE:0, but that was supposed to be the prequel of the events, the first contact with the T-Virus zombies. 

You can make a great survival horror without forcing the characters to be "scared" or constantly afraid of what they're facing. New surprises, playing with the ambient, with the mood, with the entire setting, those tools were lost on the RE series when it became this massive "Shoot all the zombies that appear and now with increased bad-assasery". 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Nintendo will announce the WiiU version at E3. Like ever.

lestatdark said:
thekitchensink said:
lestatdark said:
*sigh*

RE5 was indeed the best-selling entry of the series, but mostly because of the fanbase that RE4 built, not on it's own merits. We'll trully see the impact that RE5 had on the series after RE6 releases, as that will be the measure of how much fans it garnered/alienated. 

RE was never about the protagonists being "Scared" of what they were facing. Probably Jill and Chris on the first RE were a bit on the scared side, but not that much, Rebecca Chambers perhaps a bit more on RE:0, but that was supposed to be the prequel of the events, the first contact with the T-Virus zombies. 

You can make a great survival horror without forcing the characters to be "scared" or constantly afraid of what they're facing. New surprises, playing with the ambient, with the mood, with the entire setting, those tools were lost on the RE series when it became this massive "Shoot all the zombies that appear and now with increased bad-assasery". 

Fair enough.  If you have the chance, check out the demo for Revelations--it's definitely more tense and scary.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."