By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - [GT5] New Update 2.14 - The Official Update Thread (v2.14)

Tagged games:

ethomaz said:
the2real4mafol said:
Is there anyway of buying this game with the patches installed? The install is big enough as it is without the patches.

The XL in US include until the patch 2.00 and the Academy Edition in EU include until the 2.07... these are the latests retail version so you will need to donwload and install the others patches until the version 2.12.

Oh ok, it is ridiculous though. What with a 40 minute install and dozens of patches, they could at least compress the files a bit. At least, it gets lots of support. I might buy it eventually but i don't know, haven't got too much hard drive space left on my ps3 these days

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Around the Network

the2real4mafol said:

Oh ok, it is ridiculous though. What with a 40 minute install and dozens of patches, they could at least compress the files a bit. At least, it gets lots of support. I might buy it eventually but i don't know, haven't got too much hard drive space left on my ps3 these days

Well with the Acadeby Edition (EU) you need download and install less than 500MB... it is sad and a lot yet but way less than the near 6GB for all the patches.

ethomaz said:

the2real4mafol said:

Well with the Acadeby Edition (EU) you need download and install less than 500MB... it is sad and a lot yet but way less than the near 6GB for all the patches.

I don't know why it can't install to the Blu-ray. I doubt GT5 fills up a blu-ray. 

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

the2real4mafol said:

I don't know why it can't install to the Blu-ray. I doubt GT5 fills up a blu-ray.

Because when the Blu-ray was launched the latest path was 2.07 (the Academy Edtion in Europe)... so the Blu-ray have installed all the patched released at that time but after that PD released more patches.

And the patches didn't add so much to the BD game because they just replace files... not increase so much the size of them.

PS. The same about the others version listed in the OP... all are released with the latest patch available.

ethomaz said:
eFKac said:
Just sold my GT5 platinium no more than 3 days ago to change it for the Academy Edition, but now i have my doubts. I think they may condiser releasing a final "Complete Edition" with all the updates and dlcs available when PD announces they stop supporting GT5. Then there are the GT6 on the PS3 rumors getting stronger everyday.

So what do you think ethomaz, is it worth waiting at least till E3 or even holidays until things about another GT5 edition and GT6 clarify or getting the Academy Edition now is the best solution. To add it's not like I'm playing GT5 every day, rather seldom on occasion but I'm sure I want to buy it.

I think you can wait but I don't know if a new ver with more patches included will be released .

Yeah maybe it's just my wishful thinking There were so many awesome cars released this and last year that I hoped for another car pack #4 and then a last "full complete" retail GT5 experience

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

Around the Network

Update Notice v2.13 (17MB)

Fixes for “Minor Issues”

Update Notice v2.14 (13MB)

Fixes for “Minor Issues”

Still getting support, amazing making me confident that GT6 will be a game for years to play.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!