By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - NPD Dec: X360 #1, 1.7m, 900k - 1m Wii, PS3

chapset said:
shops just overstock the 360 after the record breaking month in November I don't get why is it so hard for some to believe that, if the 360 is down in the US it's strongest market i'd be very surprise to see it up in Europe

This is what I was thinking, we'll only know for sure though if Q1 shipments are very low.

Around the Network
pezus said:
ZaneWane said:
wow poor numbers especially ps3 considering they had price cut

"sore loser talk". Seriously, 360 was overtracked by 1.2 MILLION. 

Sore loser talk? It was overtracked by VGC. Comparing NPD Dec. 2010 numbers to NPD Dec. 2011 numbers.

360 2010: 1.86 million vs 360 2011: 1.75 million (using the chart in the NPD post)

PS3 2010: 1.21 million vs PS3 2011:  940k (again using that same chart)

http://www.vgchartz.com/article/88721/npd-tallies-us-game-revenue-in-dec-11-annually-consoles-dead-in-dec/

The PS3 is down more YOY both by percentage and by number of units sold. This is coming after the recent price cut as well. I don't know about you, but I'd consider that a pretty poor performance. Of course the Wii was worse by dropping 55% YOY, but...

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

kowenicki said:
ninty_shareholder64 said:
kowenicki said:

WOW

So either Europe and MEA are way off too or every discussion and debate on this site over the last month on this site regarding sales have just been rendered meaningless.

Weird numbers. Consoles took an absolute battering,

NPD YOY:

Wii down 55% YOY.... has any leading console ever fallen so fast?
360 top dog by some distance but down 9% YOY... bring on next box at E3 please...
PS3 down 20% YOY following a price cut!?  and has def peaked in the biggest market on the planet, will struggle against new consoles.

I guess iPads, kindles, mobiles and other devices really are taking some sales despite what people want to think.

Of course!

I guess you are dead wrong and the statistic is with me. This gen was the strongest console gen ever!

End of gen leading to decrease in hw sales is normal.

wild guess, imho!

what do you know...?  you're a nintendo shareholder....  

well, from my point of view this gen was the most profitable gen for ninty since the very first beginning.

But eventually Ninty would have made even more money without mobile, tablets etc "conquering the market" or less, who knows?

It's a different interpretation of the same situation. We need a conformation from a person of a parallel universum without mobile etc.

Here i am! But i can't give you the final evidence, it would end up with a gap in the time-space-continuum!

So if 360 was overtracked by 1.2 M, how come it was only adjusted down by 729,xxx only?

Frank_kc said:
So if 360 was overtracked by 1.2 M, how come it was only adjusted down by 729,xxx only?

December only, I think it went down 1m overall

Around the Network

Damn. Consoles especially X360 overtracked a lot. 1.2 million in one month. That is damn bad. It also seems that MS really meant what they said when they promised to be number one this year. They stuffed the channels like crazy. There might be little undertracking across the globe but I have really hard time to believe that suddenly without any price cut X360 would sell that much better outside of US. Well we have to wait three monts for next shipment to know what is the truth.

Seece said:
Frank_kc said:

Nope.

360 down 703,208
PS3 down 343,843
Wii down 751,239
3DS down 372,921
DS down 137,279
PSP down 377,231

ethomaz said:
Seece said:
Frank_kc said:

Nope.

PS

360 down 703,208
PS3 down 343,843
Wii down 751,239
3DS down 372,921
DS down 137,27

How can the gap be 660k if 360 was only adjusted down 350k more than PS3

PS3 LTD accoding to NPD till dec 2011?

Seece said:
ethomaz said:
Seece said:
Frank_kc said:

Nope.

PS

360 down 703,208
PS3 down 343,843
Wii down 751,239
3DS down 372,921
DS down 137,27

How can the gap be 660k if 360 was only adjusted down 350k more than PS3

I think I know what happened... I got the 24th to compare because in the 31th there are no lifetime sales... so I compare lifetime in 24th and add the 31th comparison and I got these numbers... I guess some kind of adjustment happened in 31th and due that the comparison show that.

I will try to get the 31th lifetime sales before adjustments.