By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony: ‘A lot rests on Vita success’ after tough 2011

Vita sales are similar to the PSPs launch sales in Japan at the moment despite all the doom and gloom articles. They're banking on the West to actually buy into it this time unlike the PSP. It certainly has a strong Western lineup we'll just have to wait and see until February. The influx of negative articles in regards to a $250 priceline that was revered at E3 2011 have been doing them no PR wonders that's for sure. Borderline defamation. They're just going to have to suck it up and keep pumping out good games to silence the critics.

If I had a dollar for every person I saw on youtube claiming that Sony are extortionists for selling the thing at $250+obligatory $20 memory card since the 3DS is only $170, i'd be a very wealthy man. I remind you Nintendo were slammed for their $250 price line too ever since that article leaked indicating that the 3DS costs them no more than 80-100 to produce. Granted they left R&D costs out of the equation. The fact that people are so self entitled that they believe the Vita should be the same price as the 3DS despite their tech being so different, bugs me.

There will be many retailers selling the thing for $220-30 or so at launch or even $250 with a 4gb memory card since that's all you need to enjoy the device. Here in Australia as you know our game prices are high. Major retailers will nonchalantly price a major release at $99-120. Whereas smaller outlets not known for games will sell the same games for $78 on launch. I imagine American retailers are no different. I know I went off tangent quite a bit at the end, but it's just for people that are concerned with the price-tag.

Around the Network

House

House

House

House in Japan.

Need something off Play-Asia? http://www.play-asia.com/

why put all of your eggs in one very expensive basket?

Around the Network

Hmm hope I 'm not buying a virtual boy 2 Sony better do it right this time, in america it seams like japan got the better end of the stick with PSP then we did.

What if what happened with the 3DS price is actually a reason to why people aren’t buying the Vita? I mean if Nintendo lowers the price of a handheld soon after launch why wouldn’t Sony do the same?

People don’t really care if Sony is loosing money. They just want an affordable piece of tech.
If Sony does lower the price how will they treat the early adaptors?

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Lol, im not buying vita cuz of its expensive Memory cards.

Well, good luck with that Sony!

Yay!!!

Roma said:
If Sony does lower the price how will they treat the early adaptors?

Give out free SNES emulator :)

d21lewis said:
This is it, Sony fans, right there in black and white. This is the calll to arms. Support the Vita with your wallets.

...And buy PS vita with your pity money!!

Go, go,go,go,GOOOO!

Yay!!!