By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Which home console will win 2012?

Which console will win 2012?

Xbox360 107 32.33%

PlayStation3 186 56.19%

See results 36 10.88%

Total:329

Simple question: Which console will win 2012?

Last year, if adjustments don't show otherwise, it was very close between PS3 and 360, with PS3 ending on top by a few 100k.

There are many factors to take into consideration: Price cuts, console announcements and release dates, Wii U launch, Kinect effect...

My thoughts: I guess if MS cut the 360's price and Sony doesn't cut the PS3's, the 360 would come on top. If they both cut the price, I think PS3 would end the year on top again.

I am pretty sure MS will cut the 360's price this year, it's long due. The generation is ending and I think Sony wants to get as many sales as possible to keep the brand strong in preparation for the next gen, so I believe they will cut their price again if they are launching in 2013, even if it means more losses. Not sure of what they will do if they launch PS4 in 2014. So if I had to pick one, I guess I'd go with PS3 but I think it is going to be a close battle again and it could go either way.

What do you think?

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Around the Network

Close battle again most likely, but I feel MS is more likely to cut price, so:

X360
PS3
Wii (A distant third)

Wii U.

Level1Death said:
Wii U.

pwin´ every other villain since 1994

-for 7 gen
Wii U
xbox 360
ps3

-for 6 gen
wii
ps2

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Around the Network

Wii U?

That's practically impossible. Wii only managed to sell 2.93m in its launch year, and that's one of the highest-selling consoles of all time. Even if the WiiU launched earlier, had no shortages and had plenty of SW, I can't see any scenario where it would pull 14m units sold.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

spurgeonryan said:
I think the 360 will win again, not counting the 3DS.

Price drop, kinect is bigger now and it is big during the holidays.

PS3 is going to make it hella close though!

That is just a quick thought on it. Not sure what exclusives are coming to each console other than The Last of Us is coming to the PS3. Depending on that, these positions I just mentioned could turn around.

what do you mean "again"??

spurgeonryan said:
I think the 360 will win again, not counting the 3DS.

Price drop, kinect is bigger now and it is big during the holidays.

PS3 is going to make it hella close though!

That is just a quick thought on it. Not sure what exclusives are coming to each console other than The Last of Us is coming to the PS3. Depending on that, these positions I just mentioned could turn around.

360 was second in sales last year.

Earlier the better MS drops the 360's prices and by how much will alone determine the end.

Cause Halo 4 and Kinect "over marketing" is a given

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

If 360 has a price drop alongside the launch of Halo 4, then PS3 doesn't stand a chance.