By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony's Q2 (April to June) release list

Several games I'm going to play, and like others said that's not the entire list.

Around the Network
windbane said:
Several games I'm going to play, and like others said that's not the entire list.

Like the release said, this is the "highlight" of the overall release list. I can't wait to see the lowlight list ;)

Some of the PS2 games there look good. 

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

shams said:
windbane said:

Like the release said, this is the "highlight" of the overall release list. I can't wait to see the lowlight list ;)

Some of the PS2 games there look good.

Yeah, I'd like to play Dawn of Mana.  Anyway, some "lowlights" include the 2 Tom Clancy games I believe, Rainbow 6 and Advanced Warfighter 2.  

DKII said:
None of those PS3 games look particularly interesting, but I don't know anything about The Darkness, what's that?

I'm gonna come up with 60$ and pre-order Darkness... I didnt notice that is the people that made 'riddick' That is one of my favorite games. (the aspects, and the way the game played... it just had a good feel)

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

Kwaad said:
DKII said:
None of those PS3 games look particularly interesting, but I don't know anything about The Darkness, what's that?

I'm gonna come up with 60$ and pre-order Darkness... I didnt notice that is the people that made 'riddick' That is one of my favorite games. (the aspects, and the way the game played... it just had a good feel)

Yeah, I thought the movie was underrated as well.  That's the movie that Vin Diesel decided to do instead of The Fast and the Furious 2.  I hope this game is just as good.

Around the Network
DKII said:

What about Ninja Gaiden Sigma?  That sounds pretty cool.

John Lucas 

Words from the Official VGChartz Idiot

WE ARE THE NATION...OF DOMINATION!

I would be stoaked to have Super Puzzle Fighter II.

"There are three types of lies : Lies, damned lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli ( Made famous by Mark Twain )

PSN ID: DeviantPathways

Wii Number: 0081 3044 1559 2355

johnlucas said:
DKII said:

What about Ninja Gaiden Sigma?  That sounds pretty cool.

John Lucas 

I'll look into it, but I heard it was essentially a port and I'm not that into pure action games to begin with.  Truthfully I don't know much about either 360/PS3 'cause I haven't put the time into it seeing as how I won't be getting either until I get an HDTV which won't be for at least another year.

DKII said:
johnlucas said:
DKII said:

What about Ninja Gaiden Sigma? That sounds pretty cool.

John Lucas

I'll look into it, but I heard it was essentially a port and I'm not that into pure action games to begin with. Truthfully I don't know much about either 360/PS3 'cause I haven't put the time into it seeing as how I won't be getting either until I get an HDTV which won't be for at least another year.

The graphical increase is easily noticeable on a normal TV. This myth that you have to have an HDTV to enjoy the graphical enhancements really annoys me. I've seen the games on both and even if they do look better on HD they still look significantly better on SDTVs compared to last gen. To me, it's worth getting the system and then getting an HDTV later to enjoy it even more, but HDTV really isn't necessary.

Anyway, Ninja Gaiden Sigma is a lot more than a straight port. They have completely redone the graphics and added new moves and weapons (including twin katanas). Also, instead of 15 there are now 18 levels (or it was 16 and it's now 19) because there is a new playable character in Rachel with a completely new move set. Ninja Gaiden was already arguably the best action game, with the only close competitors being God of War (or now God of War 2) and Devil May Cry 3. Despite the graphical enhancements, the game will still run at 60fps.

/end sales pitch

Seriously, though, I've been really excited about this game since I saw it on the cover of PSM.  And just like Elder Scrolls:  Oblivion, if you haven't played it before this is a great chance to do so.  Unlike Oblivion, though, a lot of content was added in.

DoesWhatNintenDont said:

I would be stoaked to have Super Puzzle Fighter II.

I got it on the PSP. It was released a while ago in the capcoms puzzle world (or whatever) I only bought it because of puzzle fighters. 

And I am actually hyped for Super street fighter II turbo HD.

http://www.gamekult.com/images/ME0000818216/

Implying more detail than guilty gears? all animations and characters redrawn by Udon? Count me in. 

Games make me happy! PSN ID: Staticneuron Gamertag: Staticneuron Wii Code: Static Wii - 3055 0871 5802 1723