By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create Sales 12/26/11-01/1/12

Exia said:
Only custom firmware can save the ps vita now.
It saved the psp LOL.

Short term yes - long term no - as long as Vita is not hacked it will have ports of big western games coming to it. And thanks to it capabilities those won't be watered down ports like PSP/DS had but same versions as current gen consoles get.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Around the Network
DemoniOtaku said:
Zlejedi said:
megaman79 said:
Seece said:
Lucas-Rio said:
Vita never had shortages. It makes me laugh every time when Sony fans use this excuse.

What about Microsoft fans? I guess that'd make me level headed in the argument which is more that can be said for you.

Last thing i would call MS fans is level-headed.

But seriously, I hope 3DS keeps it up longer than Vita, because if neither console keeps the jap. market up we all lose.

If PSV isn't succesfull all handheld gamers will lose. 3DS isn't very atractive for western games developers and can't stop migration to smartphones.

the Ds didn´t have a MH beacause Third parties games DON´T SELL on Nintendo Consoles... If you look to the TOP 20 BEST SELLING GAMES of nintendo DS You will see that only two games are from thir parties... and are Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest... and Dragon Quest because Nintendo distribute it on the rest of the World... Monster Hunter 3G is sellong well for a thir Party game but it isn´t selling as well as other first parties games and not even like teh first Monster Hunter on PSP...

People LOVE Nintendo games and franchises (I LOVE ZELDA Series) so they buy Nintendo consoles for playiing Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, etc... and is not like the 3DS is selling extraordinarly, it's just selling like ANY other handhled console of nintendo, they will do just FINE whatever they put on the market with their First Parties games... 

The real battle of Vita is against itself and against Sony's past and current marketing mistakes... You must see like this: What Sony have to lose on the Forever Owned market of Handhled consoles? the Second Place? be that Sony end second place by a lot o fewer margin don´t have relenvance.. They just want a share of a Growing market like they had with the PSP.

Who Lose, Who Win it's just a Childish discussion... WE players are ever the winner if there are better games... I'm gonna buy a Vita no matter how much gap between 3DS and it have... and then buy a 3Ds if are some games that I wanna play..

ANd Yo meanwhile will be here trolling for Nothing...XD

I thought the 3DS was selling at a faster rate then the Wii.  I thought I heard at this point it is selling the fastest?

I think it is selling extraordinary my opinion

not looking good for vita

pezus said:
jonnybmk said:
pezus said:
jonnybmk said:
pezus said:
jonnybmk said:
pezus said:
jonnybmk said:
 excuse this or excuse that 

This is Vita's 3rd week, with no huge Japanese game. 

ROFL

Good job on ignoring the rest of my post. You said 3DS is KILLING Vita yet you also said Vita is not doomed...which is it?

It's both, duh!

The 3DS is murdering the Vita right now. Look at the homepage of this website - it was just updated. Over the past week the 3DS sold 665k compated to 54k (240k to 54k in Japan). If that's not killing it I don't know what is.

However, I do not think that the Vita is doomed to complete failure with it being pulled off of shelves. It will coexist with the 3DS but will never compare to the 3DS in sales.

Are you able to process that? Can you see what I'm saying? If not, I will clarify again if needed.

Bolded: No, that's AP/MEA. Japan is something like 40k Vita and 190k 3DS. So what do you think will keep Vita afloat, maybe big Japanese games like I said and you dismissed as "excuses". How about a price cut as big as 3DS' one?

Good catch; 190k 3DS to 42K Vita. Still a butchering...

Go back to the first post:

Look at the numbers, 3DS is killing Vita. (Present tense.)

Like it or not, excuse this or excuse that, it does not change the FACT that the 3DS will have a MASSIVE lead when the Vita goes global. (Future tense and obviously true.)

Arguing about the reasons WHY will not change the FACT that the 3DS is selling leaps and bounds above Vita. (Present tense.)

Does this mean that the Vita is "doomed" for all of eternity? Of course not.

But to act like the Vita is "just 1 title" away from the closing the gap set by 3DS is retarded. (Still retarded. Seriously.)

Don't be retarded. (Always applies.)

You want to know what I think will keep Vita afloat? I don't really give a shit.

All I did was state some facts.

Go away now, please.

Get off your high horse, please. Why state "facts" and not expect discussion? I guess you're new here though, so you wouldn't know that we discuss things here.

damn, I never thought pezus as being the slow one!!!  I can't believe he can't understand what johnnybmk is saying!!!  All he is saying is that the PSV is getting hammered/bullied/pummeled/butchered/spanked/walloped/slapped around AT THE MOMENT and when the Vita launches globally this year!!!  No one even Sony can predict how it will do after it releases globally so the only fact we know is that 3DS is totally smacking the crap out of the Vita right now!!!  In terms of MH being released on the Vita , I'll wait for an official announcement before believing.  If analyst are always to be believe for their speculations; many including CNET, Forbes etc are already calling Vita doomed (which it is not).  Pezus usually have intelligent post but I have to admit johnnybmk is making him look like a 'tard (my opinion) at the moment...sorry.

Pachter was right! the Vita will sell more in its first 3 months :P

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Around the Network

Nintendo 3ds good sales the rest are back to average and psv sales-drop again? wow at least the 3ds stayed station where its lowest point was -30k

not looking good for vita and patchler said first 3 months would be better? i don't think so .

the 3 weeks sales 

75 k 

43 k 

its dropped just under 30 k from the previous week 

Good week for PS3 :)

pezus said:
Wii drops by 2/3rds. That's very telling of its current audience. Meanwhile, PS3 stays about the same as last week.

Well said my friend

not good for Vita, not good for FF13.2. 3DS falling behind DS :(. Inazuma holding on, but still not good. MH3G reaching 2 million doesnt seem like it will occur sadly.

pwin´ every other villain since 1994

Mr.Ashtear said:
not good for Vita, not good for FF13.2. 3DS falling behind DS :(. Inazuma holding on, but still not good. MH3G reaching 2 million doesnt seem like it will occur sadly.

It will surpass 2 million. I can't imagine MH4 releasing untill 2013 at the earliest.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.