By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Zombie Apocalypse starting to become a reality? "Update"

Shinobi-san said:
spurgeonryan said: 

So what do you all think? Will some fungus eventually take over us Americans like it has other species?

Does the rest if the world not get the virus?

Obviously not ;P

Wait... does this mean im not human?

PSN addy - mrx95

A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination. - Nelson Mandela

A radical is a man with his feet planted firmly in the air. - Franklin.D.Roosevelt

Around the Network

I learned all about this when I took ecology in college.

Here's one about worms that cause crickets to commit suicide.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7r1S6-op8E

The first sign of the zombie apocalypse is the rise of the iSheep.

This is a bad use of the word zombie. Its an infection from a parasite that causes a more delusional like behavior that causes the permanent death of the host. Its not a "zombie" in any way.

Not really related to the OP, but just a general point.

I've always thought a zombie invasion would be the most underwhelming invasion ever. I don't know why people get excited.

Their one source of food (humans) is also their main predator who also outnumbers and out-guns them massively. It would be like a gazelle that's decided to only eat lion meat. That gazelle wouldn't last a day!

Seriously, if a zombie invasion happened the first thing you would here about on the news is "Around 100 zombies were found in some city, the military with 10,000 soldiers wiped them out in five minutes".

Around the Network
d21lewis said:

When the zombie apocalypse happens, I'm joining the zombies!  I'll help them open doors, drive them around, and have sex with their hot zombie women.  You guys can fight a losing battle if you want to!

We're fine with that, just one bit of advice, NEVER accept oral sex from them.

Marks said:
lol its kinda funny how you make this thread and then soon after make a thread about Guns in America!

Zombies and guns go hand in hand! When the zombies come money/gold will be meaningless and ammunition will become the currency. I want to have as many guns/ammunition (plus other stuff like first aid, canned food, water) as possible for when the zombies come.

Blood splatter is the means of spreading the zombie plague. Good luck with your shooting viruses/fungal spores/brain burrowing flies out of the air. You need to kill the zombies in a way that keeps their bodies in tact until you can incinerate them at least at 2000degC. Gun totin' good ole boys will be unwittingly responsible for spreading the plague, because they won't have the tech required to contain the contagion.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

brendude13 said:
d21lewis said:

When the zombie apocalypse happens, I'm joining the zombies!  I'll help them open doors, drive them around, and have sex with their hot zombie women.  You guys can fight a losing battle if you want to!

We're fine with that, just one bit of advice, NEVER accept oral sex from them.

Nasty image of *you know what would happen* is now burned into my brain... thanks...

OT:

I've had a thought, engineers nowadays are pretty damned smart in areas of cloning, and all that.

Does anyone think it's possible to engineer a Zombie? If enough effort was put into it...

Millenium said:
but am I bad person for kinda hoping this zombie thing will happen in my lifetime? *after Halo 4, 5 and 6 have released, obviously XD*

Sure it's not nice to wish upon the world, but it would be kind of kick ass to live in such a world...
*Goes off-site in corner of shame*

You know after i started the walking dead last week, this is what i thought too.  It would so badass to be going around with guns and knives and killing all zombies.  But unfortunately i don't think it will happen anytime soon in my lifetime if it would be to happen.  Hell im not even sure i believe something like this could happen.

highwaystar101 said:
Not really related to the OP, but just a general point.

I've always thought a zombie invasion would be the most underwhelming invasion ever. I don't know why people get excited.

Their one source of food (humans) is also their main predator who also outnumbers and out-guns them massively. It would be like a gazelle that's decided to only eat lion meat. That gazelle wouldn't last a day!

Seriously, if a zombie invasion happened the first thing you would here about on the news is "Around 100 zombies were found in some city, the military with 10,000 soldiers wiped them out in five minutes".

Problem is Zombies get millions of new members via human deaths of all kinds...daily. Kinda like in the movie bugs life where the Hopper does the demonstrations on his idiot companions with the nuts.... one is no big deal.. but millions will overrun you and you lose.