By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Kinect Vs. Move: One Year Later

Damnyouall said:

What's the point of this thread? Move has serious (=non-casual) games like GoldenEye 007:Reloaded, Killzone 3, Heavy Rain, Time Crisis & Deadstorm Pirates, House of the Dead Overkill, No More Heroes: Heroes' Paradise, Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD, Dead Space Extraction HD, MAG, Socom 4, The Sly Collection, Little Big Planet 2, and many many more. Upcoming: Resident Evil Chronicles HD Selection.

Kinect has none of these, but instead there is stuff like Kinectimals and dancing games. So if you are a core gamer, what's there to discuss?

ohh one of these "core gamers are elite gamers BS - posts" again.

I am a core gamer and I play and prefer Kinect over Move.
Why? because casual games on a casual device make sense (Kinect). Core games on a casual device don't make sense (Move). Me and pretty much everyone else prefer the controller for core titles anyway.

The Move is a Wiimote copy. There is nothing to argue about. It failed to show something that makes it superior than the Wii. In fact games like Wii Sports, Zelda, Super Mario Galaxy is head an shoulders above everything Sony has done in the past 15 months. (Sales AND Quality).

I just got Dance Central 2, Kinect Sports Season 2 and Sonic Free Riders for Xmas and I will have a blast with it together with friends. Other than that I am currently playing Skyrim and will start Rage after that. This core vs casual crap needs to stop.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Around the Network
Slimebeast said:
Damnyouall said:

What's the point of this thread? Move has serious (=non-casual) games like GoldenEye 007:Reloaded, Killzone 3, Heavy Rain, Time Crisis & Deadstorm Pirates, House of the Dead Overkill, No More Heroes: Heroes' Paradise, Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD, Dead Space Extraction HD, MAG, Socom 4, The Sly Collection, Little Big Planet 2, and many many more. Upcoming: Resident Evil Chronicles HD Selection.

Kinect has none of these, but instead there is stuff like Kinectimals and dancing games. So if you are a core gamer, what's there to discuss?

Good point.

But do we even have members here on VGC who use Move with their Move-supported core games? I don't think I've ever heard of somebody who does so regularly. Honestly I think they all prefer to use the DualShock in games like Killzone 3, Heavy Rain, MAG and Sockom 4.

i never play killzone,, MAG or SOCOM without the Move. its vastly supperior to the DS3

DirtyP2002 said:
Damnyouall said:

Why? because casual games on a casual device make sense (Kinect). Core games on a casual device don't make sense (Move). Me and pretty much everyone else prefer the controller for core titles anyway.

The Move is a Wiimote copy. There is nothing to argue about. It failed to show something that makes it superior than the Wii. In fact games like Wii Sports, Zelda, Super Mario Galaxy is head an shoulders above everything Sony has done in the past 15 months. (Sales AND Quality).

I just got Dance Central 2, Kinect Sports Season 2 and Sonic Free Riders for Xmas and I will have a blast with it together with friends. Other than that I am currently playing Skyrim and will start Rage after that. This core vs casual crap needs to stop.

good for you?

doesnt change the fact that Move has actual core games, with many that work great with it, and are in fact superior with it. see: Killzone, MAG, and SOCOM.

how the move is just a casual device is beyond me.

and how you think the Move is just a wiimote copy, while Kinect is original is also beyond me. i guess you just ignore the facts that Move had been in development and had been shown before the wii was even rumored.

and this whole you putting down everything Sony/playstation crap needs to stop. seriously its almost every single post, we get it, you like xbox... A LOT.

A cheap xbox 360 4GB can be bought and kinect and a larger hard drive can be bought separately.
xbox 360 has a lower entry level price point  than the higher priced PS3 in regards to the UK and Americas sales regions.

There is not enough MOVE-required games out there... Medieval Moves and Heroes Move (Im not sure what it was called) all fell flat on their faces.. They were supposed to be the catalyst for the Move, instead it just worsened its brand recognition even further...

Yes, I do have move but I dont think that its really as superior as many people think.. I do notice a hell of a lot of Aim Assist. Which is basically you have an aim-bot to play with you. While the DS3 doesnt.

Yay!!!

Around the Network
DirtyP2002 said:

The Move is a Wiimote copy.

That's just as inane as saying that Kinect is the same as Eyetoy. Tumble says "hi". And as the others (and myself) have pointed out by giving examples, core games on Move make very much sense, unlike your post. You have no clue what you are talking about (or you are deliberately saying things that aren't true). Either way, you fail this thread (just as many others before).

osamanobama said:

this whole you putting down everything Sony/playstation crap needs to stop. seriously its almost every single post, we get it, you like xbox... A LOT.

Well said. People who deprive themselves of good games like this guy are just sad. Unless he is actually getting paid for his marketing propaganda.

"Well certainly with the Xbox 360, we had some challenges at the launch. Once we identified that we took control of it. We wanted to do it right by our customers. Our customers are very important to us." -Larry "Major Nelson" Hryb (10/2013). Note: RRoD was fixed with the Jasper-revision 3 years after the launch of 360

"People don't pay attention to a lot of the details."-Yusuf Mehdi explaining why Xbone DRM scheme would succeed

"Fortunately we have a product for people who aren't able to get some form of connectivity; it's called Xbox 360,”-Don Mattrick

"The region locking of the 3DS wasn't done for profits on games"-MDMAlliance

I have both and for gaming move is so much better. Kinect however is great for menus and casual gaming.

Game wise though kinect has way more kinect only games and wins that war but optional games again goes to move. Instead of feeling tacked on it feels better in most games. I'm playing Infamous 2 right now with move and it is great, makes me wish Uncharted supported it.

Actually, considering that the Wiimote with Motion-plus funcionality is standard now, there´s only one key difference between it and Move: the camera. Without the Camera, Move is just like a copy of Wiimote....

osamanobama said:
DirtyP2002 said:
Damnyouall said:

good for you?

doesnt change the fact that Move has actual core games, with many that work great with it, and are in fact superior with it. see: Killzone, MAG, and SOCOM.

how the move is just a casual device is beyond me.

and how you think the Move is just a wiimote copy, while Kinect is original is also beyond me. i guess you just ignore the facts that Move had been in development and had been shown before the wii was even rumored.

and this whole you putting down everything Sony/playstation crap needs to stop. seriously its almost every single post, we get it, you like xbox... A LOT.

If these core games with Move support were what core gamers want, Move would actually sell, but it doesn't. Move, or any motion control scheme, is more a casual experience. Move failed for the casuals as well, because there is a "been there done that" felling that comes with it.

This Move had been in development before the Wii was announced is fanboy talk. There are hundreds of different concepts in the work at Sony, Nintendo and MS. Nintendo was the only one that had the balls to bet on motion controls big time. It is not about concepts on drawing boards - you have to do the next step and bring it to the market. That is what Nintendo did 4 years earlier than Sony. And in these 4 years all Sony came up with is more or less the same experience as the Wiimote with bad software support.

This has nothing to do with the fact that I like the Xbox.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

osamanobama said:
Slimebeast said:
Damnyouall said:

Good point.

But do we even have members here on VGC who use Move with their Move-supported core games? I don't think I've ever heard of somebody who does so regularly. Honestly I think they all prefer to use the DualShock in games like Killzone 3, Heavy Rain, MAG and Sockom 4.

i never play killzone,, MAG or SOCOM without the Move. its vastly supperior to the DS3

Even Killzone? I am suspicous. I'd love to hear inputs from other Move owners.