By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why I love Uncharted 3 (Spoilers)

Tagged games:

GodOfWar_3ever said:
pezus said:
Ham_Burgular said:
Thats nice and all but why should we care?

Uncharted 3 was a good game but theres plenty of better games, Uncharted 2 for starters.

Why would anyone think Uncharted 2 is better. I can't understand this, maybe it's nostalgia? I suggest you play UC2 again before playing UC3 and try not to let the scores affect you.

Uncharted 2 was definitely better. 

Lets compare... the openings of both games are extreme snoozefests, with Uncharted 3 being worse... UC2 picked things up from the moment you enter Nepal in the 5th chapter or so. UC3 took considerably longer, as things started picking up in the burning building level in France.

UC2's set pieces were far more memorable and action packed

It had -

1. The collapsing building

2. That rooftop view in Nepal <3

3. The first chopper fight was epic

4. The train sequence = best moments in Uncharted ever !

5. A fucking yeti attacking you

6. The tank battle

7. Getting to the monastery in those jeeps

8. Seeing shambhala for the first time

9. Helping out the wounded cameraman guy

UC3 on the other hand -

1. Burning building

2. Taking down that boat with a rocket launcher

3. Falling from the plane (was extraordinarily awesome)

4. Horseback fight sequences

5. Seeing Iram for the first time

Did you PLAY the game? JESUS CHRIST!

You missed the following for UC3:

Chateu view over the mountains (You included Tibet view kid)

Rooftops view over LONDON (You included Tibet view kid)

Chase scene in Yemen

Rooftop view over YEMEN (You included Tibet view kid)

Drug sequence in Yemen

Drug sequence in Ubar

The cruise ship

The Rub Al Khali

Sully carrying Cutter (Hey you included The camerman with Jeff, LMFAO seriously? Did you run out of ideas?)

Djinns (You added Yeti lmao)

Ubar getting eaten by the Rub Al Khali

and ill throw in my own:

Cartagena Colombia as Young Drake

Chase scene in Cartagena Colombia

Clearly you weren't listing set pieces, but rather bs. That makes it 18 vs 9. Good game sir, I just doubled your UC3 list. Hell the fact that they simulated an ocean in Dry Docks and Rough Seas should even count as we're listing amazing shit obviously. Spider sequence in Chateu, Yemen and Syria. Hell running from RPGs in Syria, that tiiiny sequence. My god. It's quite evident that you're trolling or you're just balantly ignorant. I can understand it if you presented it as an opinion but anyone with the lack of general common sense would not draw the conclusions you are drawing. Prefer UC2 over UC3? Sure man. Say UC3 looked worse and didnt have as many moments -- Get out. Jesus get out.

Around the Network

As a 360 fan, it warms my heart to see all of the Uncharted 1 vs Uncharted 2 battles that have taken place in the last several weeks. Fight amongst yourselves while Kinect Sports 2 grows stronger and stronger!!

d21lewis said:
After fighting an uphill battle to convince you that Uncharted 3 ain't all that, I must finally admit defeat. I surrender to you, Aldro. Uncharted 3 is the greatest game ever conceived.

*surrenders d21 flag at Aldro's feet*

Yes! Totally worth all the attempts :D <3

Aldro really calm down man. You've already made a thread like this before and posted this 100 times. UC3 is also my favourite game but if you really love it why not play it some more? Really last time I knew you we were comparing UC2 and God of War 3 visuals. You stated that you liked GOW3 visuals more than UC2 and I was not satisfied by your decision. Now look what happened. From a huge God of War fan to the biggest UC3 fan in just a couple months...........WOW.......

I'm glad you put both Metal Gear Solid 4 and Uncharted 3 in the same sentence........................

Because both games are overrated. MGS4 is the most overrated game this generation, with U3 being a distant 2nd.

Around the Network
dsage01 said:
Aldro really calm down man. You've already made a thread like this before and posted this 100 times. UC3 is also my favourite game but if you really love it why not play it some more? Really last time I knew you we were comparing UC2 and God of War 3 visuals. You stated that you liked GOW3 visuals more than UC2 and I was not satisfied by your decision. Now look what happened. From a huge God of War fan to the biggest UC3 fan in just a couple months...........WOW.......

Didnt you hear? Im the PS3 Alter Selnor xD. Just because I prefer GoW3s visuals over UC2 doesnt mean I think its a better game. I do hold UC2 a liil above GoW3 but none of them hold a candle to MGS4. I feel UC3 trumps MGS4 in my opinion and thats why I am berserker. I didnt see that coming. You and i should play some MP :D, I play with like 10+ dudes from everywhere. Just hit 60 and need the Saraswati statue for Lazarevics FAL SS. I think im done with the campaign after putting about 80+ hours there with 15 playthroughs xD

Aldro said:
dsage01 said:

Didnt you hear? Im the PS3 Alter Selnor xD. Just because I prefer GoW3s visuals over UC2 doesnt mean I think its a better game. I do hold UC2 a liil above GoW3 but none of them hold a candle to MGS4. I feel UC3 trumps MGS4 in my opinion and thats why I am berserker. I didnt see that coming. You and i should play some MP :D, I play with like 10+ dudes from everywhere. Just hit 60 and need the Saraswati statue for Lazarevics FAL SS. I think im done with the campaign after putting about 80+ hours there with 15 playthroughs xD

I do play MP its fantastic. And last time in my Head to Head thread you said God of War 3 was better than Uncharted 2. Seems like you really forgot. 

NiKKoM said:
nnodley said:
NiKKoM said:
meh... the end battle sucked ass.. and imo Uncharted 2 looked better as a whole, it was far more consistent.. Uncharted 3 had some really "ugly" cutscenes and levels compared to the rest of the game.. pub, canyon ride, cruiship were beautifull but london, the airport, shipyeard where "ugly"... or let's say from less high quality..

well first off it's shipyard not shipyeard. imo the shipyard was the third best looking part of the game behind desert village, and burning chateau. Can you show some examples as to why you think london, the airport, and shipyard were not as high quality.

Well sooooorrry grammar nazi... those levels looked plain and uninspired and now that I think of weren't all that fun to play.. metal box here, dark wall there, cover here, shoot 2 bad guys, climb up the ship, get behind cover, shoot 2 guys and repeat again, no destructable stuff .. it looked so 2006.. dark, grey, blue boring... been there done that... the water in the shipyard was good looking but it didn't do much..  desert village, burning chateau, Ubar are much better looking and those levels kept me on the edge of my seat..

ow.. and wtf is with the spiders? they didn't explain that did they?

hey i just thought you should know. lol.  Ok fair enough, i respect your opinion more since you gave a reason why.

I really don't know about the spiders, but im not gonna lose any sleep over it. Its one tiny plot hole and really about the only one that is really worth speculation. 

GodOfWar_3ever said:
pezus said:
Ham_Burgular said:

Uncharted 3 was a good game but theres plenty of better games, Uncharted 2 for starters.

Why would anyone think Uncharted 2 is better. I can't understand this, maybe it's nostalgia? I suggest you play UC2 again before playing UC3 and try not to let the scores affect you.

Lets compare... the openings of both games are extreme snoozefests, with Uncharted 3 being worse... UC2 picked things up from the moment you enter Nepal in the 5th chapter or so. UC3 took considerably longer, as things started picking up in the burning building level in France.

It had -

6. The tank battle

UC3 on the other hand -

The pub brawls

Chasing sequences as a kid

1. Burning building

Fight with Charlie / globe/spider puzzle

Extremely detailed Yemen / angle body parts puzzle

Chasing down Talbot / fighting with him

Breaking down chair & beating pirates with hammers and rum bottles

Hijacking the cruise ship, sinking it, escaping it

Rub Al' Khali

Escaping Iram

Uncharted 2 has more sequences that involve 'ZOMGWTFBBQ over the top explosions'' but uncharted 3 has more varied and deeper selection of sequences that are just as satisfying, to me, at least

Aldro said:
GodOfWar_3ever said:
pezus said:
Ham_Burgular said:

It had -

6. The tank battle

UC3 on the other hand -

1. Burning building

Did you PLAY the game? JESUS CHRIST!

You missed the following for UC3:

Chateu view over the mountains (You included Tibet view kid)

Rooftops view over LONDON (You included Tibet view kid)

Chase scene in Yemen

Rooftop view over YEMEN (You included Tibet view kid)

Drug sequence in Yemen

Drug sequence in Ubar

The cruise ship

The Rub Al Khali

Sully carrying Cutter (Hey you included The camerman with Jeff, LMFAO seriously? Did you run out of ideas?)

Djinns (You added Yeti lmao)

Ubar getting eaten by the Rub Al Khali

and ill throw in my own:

Cartagena Colombia as Young Drake

Chase scene in Cartagena Colombia

Clearly you weren't listing set pieces, but rather bs. That makes it 18 vs 9. Good game sir, I just doubled your UC3 list. Hell the fact that they simulated an ocean in Dry Docks and Rough Seas should even count as we're listing amazing shit obviously. Spider sequence in Chateu, Yemen and Syria. Hell running from RPGs in Syria, that tiiiny sequence. My god. It's quite evident that you're trolling or you're just balantly ignorant. I can understand it if you presented it as an opinion but anyone with the lack of general common sense would not draw the conclusions you are drawing. Prefer UC2 over UC3? Sure man. Say UC3 looked worse and didnt have as many moments -- Get out. Jesus get out.

I was listing the moments that stood out for me... How many rooftop views did you include ? -_- I didn't bother adding the view of the city in Turkey or the view of the jungle from that mountain in Borneo for UC2 :/

Chase scene in Yemen imo was horribly boring, and all the drug sequences managed to do was give me headaches. I did forget about the toppled over cruised ship, touche on that one. It was probably overshadowed by the fact that Ramses was a huge troll and his actions made no sense. I was kind of pissed off about that one.

The Rub Al Khali was nothing but a glorified cutscene.

Sully carrying carter was, well.... Sully carrying carter. In UC2, your movements were hindered and it made you actually feel like you were helping someone out. It seems to me that YOU are the one who is running out of ideas.

Again, i didn't add EVERYTHING that was in the game, just the moments that seemed special to me. UC2 had an equivalent of the Djinn in the form of Shambhala Guardians and they had crossbows. And they were real. That made them better. They actually enforced a sense of cautiousness in me cause of there strength.. the djinn were just enemies who you just had to kill twice, and could dash.

The yeti moment made me go "WTF is this bs ?" 

I actually forgot the moments leading up to that in that ice cave, which was also amazing in UC2.

Ubar getting eaten by the Rub Al Khali = Crumbling Shambhala

The young drake sequence I felt was boring, but thats just how Uncharted games start. They pick up later on.

And if you want tiny sequences that were extraordinary, how about the very moment you come to Nepal, and you have to run and gun that jeep ?

I love how one becomes a troll because they think Uncharted 2 is a far better game and don't share your same "OMFG UC3 is the best" attitude. 

And about the whole graphics debacle, UC3 wasn't blatantly better. It was definitely better in some areas and worse in others. Notably - elena and chloe looked better in UC2 i thought.