By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony sells LCD venture.

If the TV business is really killing them that much....why are they still making them?

Around the Network
VGKing said:
If the TV business is really killing them that much....why are they still making them?

They apparently are working on selling it all off eventually. Sony tried to turn things around over the 8 years, but when you have a dumbass like Howard Stringer running Sony at the top for over 6 of those 8 years it's really difficult. Stringer came in and made an impact that lasted about 5 months. From that point on Sony was falling apart somewhere. Now the company is facing problems with legendary brands getting stale and consumers refusing to pay inflated prices for "brand quality".

What Kaz needs to do (and seems to be doing) is remove the problems the company has. With the TV division sell off the bad sectors to the highest bidders. End joint ventures to gain 100% control (goodbye Ericsson). Sony Pictures and Sony Music don't really have anything to worry about. Sony Computer has turned things around and got their PS3 price cut out of the way. I don't know why Sony didn't place the "PlayStation" tablets under Vaio. Instead of trying to create new "brands".

I don't know I could talk about the inner workings and what I would do in the top position, etc. Kaz placed Andrew House in charge of the entire PlayStation division and he is already kicking ass. Removing people who might be causing problems or just thinking its time to give some other people a chance.

Looking at the Team Ico management changes and the SCEA staff firings.

dont bother me , wake me up when vizio is doing the same haha cause the rest just plain out suck especally samsung i hate their tvs,

ive had 3 have problems
1 tv screen burned out
another tv had a line go through the center of the screen
and the other tv broke period

so ya and hearing the problems people had with the newest model of the bravias , lol aint suprised one bit