By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - So.....I noticed Vita numbers are not that good this week. Can we talk about it now? (update because of Media Create numbers)

spurgeonryan said:

That touch pad on the back interest me. What is it supposed to be used for? other than clicking a button what else would you want to do with a touch pad on the back? Slide your finger across for something? What are people using it for?   @ Rockman?

It will probably be used for touching under anime girls' dresses.

Around the Network

RockMan10 said:
i guess no one read my post about the wifis killing babies. I live here, they kill babies.

*fixed*

We don't read good news around these here parts.

spurgeonryan said:
NightDragon83 said:
How are Vita's hardware sales doing this week compared to launch week so far? Is it a huge dropoff, or is it still selling decent despite the lagging software sales?

So now that we have seen what the numbers actually are Sony needs to figure out how they went wrong , so they can fix whatever happened before the western launch!

I have it . Simple. Just one Monster Hunter game will fix it. Seriously! Japan will forget about the 3DS game, and go to another game as soon as it is created.

Bundle the handheld when it hits AMerican soil. Give us a reason to own it! Maybe the launch games will be good enough for Americans. Was the Japan launch too American for Japanese tastes?

How will they forget about 3DS when there is another MH game on the way :P

The only way what you say can happen is if MH4 was cancelled on 3DS and went to Vita and Nintendo won’t let that happen

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Week 2 (Media Create) numbers have been released for the Vita:

3DS 482,200
PSP 101,121
Vita 72,479

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=138265

Pretty big dropoff for the Vita.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

BasilZero said:
Roma said:
spurgeonryan said:
NightDragon83 said:
How are Vita's hardware sales doing this week compared to launch week so far? Is it a huge dropoff, or is it still selling decent despite the lagging software sales?

So now that we have seen what the numbers actually are Sony needs to figure out how they went wrong , so they can fix whatever happened before the western launch!

I have it . Simple. Just one Monster Hunter game will fix it. Seriously! Japan will forget about the 3DS game, and go to another game as soon as it is created.

Bundle the handheld when it hits AMerican soil. Give us a reason to own it! Maybe the launch games will be good enough for Americans. Was the Japan launch too American for Japanese tastes?

How will they forget about 3DS when there is another MH game on the way :P

The only way what you say can happen is if MH4 was cancelled on 3DS and went to Vita and Nintendo won’t let that happen

Knowing Capcom, I wouldnt be surprised if they jumped ship back to Sony or hell I wouldnt be surprised if they go towards MS afterwards. Their a corporation mostly out for cash , not for recognition with its partners.

True

But I think Capcom would most likely chose to go multi platform if anything. And by Nintendo not allowing that I meant that they would pay for it to stay

As for Capcom going MS only hmm they would have to pay huge amounts of cash and in the end they might not sell that many consoles and games so I don’t think MS sees it as something good for them. I mean we all know MH sells bad (compared to handhleds) on consoles

in the end Capcom will be the winner no matter what

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Around the Network
M.U.G.E.N said:
Hephaestos said:
BasilZero said:
RockMan10 said:
i guess no one read my post about the wifis being sold out. I live here, they are sold out.

Planning to get a wifi model as well, as I dont see a point in the 3G model, not really into online gaming.

@Hephaestos - I think the only game that actually utilizes it is Uncharted? o.o

Its the equivalent to a touch pad gaming (like Touch screen for NDS), which is stupid imo lol

Except you don't see where you're touching....what surpirses me the most is that this is a feature seemingly built in without a direction on how to use it effectively (wii sports, kinect adventures, sports champions are good exam sple of launch games destined to set the pace). So in effect, it seems as though it was built indeed as a gimmick. As Marcus points out, it is also akin to an R2 trigger, but that's one fancy trigger^^ Anyways I'm sure there'll be inteligent uses for it...at one point.

aah now that's where you would be wrong. the rear touch has been used and used well in quite a few games already actually. For example games like Touch my Katamari, Dynasty Warriors Next, SumiOni Demon Arts, FIFA all use it in different and fun ways. the point of having a rear touch is to give developers an option in a new input method, one that has not been provided before in any gaming platform. this is where creativity of the devs come into play. I will let you check out some gameplay vids to see how the above mentioned games use it, it would be better seen than read to understand it

it also can do wonders for existing gameplay mechanics, a great example would be Ultimate MvC3. The rear touch makes doing combos much more fluent and easier and it does not get in the way of the screen either. There have been quite a few gameplay videos of the game since JP launch and pretty much all users have been delighted with it. the rear touch actually makes it easier for pick up and play as well. You can see these videos uploaded regualarly over at the official thread

First, sorry for the late reply (vacation).

Second, thanks for the examples, I'll look the vids up. The only example I had was jumping in uncharted... not the most inovative feature (on paper at least, and yes that was prelaunch).

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO